Fan Fic: Infinite Stratos Sacred Twins
— The opening quote
— The very Motto
The unholy fic
started as experiment
by Zero XSEED
. It started as Plagiarism
(Self admitted by author, then again, what Fan Fic is not one?
) because he copied 100% of the dialogue bar some changes to fit the OC Stand-in
inside...but somehow with the support of the fans (and craziness that is Animesuki IS Fanfic Discussion Thread
) the Ship continue to sail
Following the growing attraction between the Twins in the I.S. academy, Sacred Twins
boasted slight difference, you read that right. The plot is almost the same, yet, things seems a LOT too different not to notice
...and the story began to show it's true color...
Tropes Covered in the story
- Accidental Pervert: Ichika, also, Charles.
- Achievements in Ignorance: Ichika just wanted to win a match with near-impossible odds, he ended up inventing his ways to deflect beam and cutting shockwave, negating two Anti-IS Image Interface Weapon in process.
- Adaptational Badass: From the get go, Ichika is portrayed as being stronger and competent than the canon counterpart, and god forbid, far smarter.
- Madoka SEEMS to be hit by the nerf bat, which is not the case. Just like Ichika, she is a talented newcomer lacking actual training yet is able to go toe-to-toe with Cecilia, a Cadet Representative.
- Amazonian Beauty: Houki seems to be a mild example of this, complete with Boobs of Steel
- Anvilicious: In-Universe, Chifuyu has a knack for this. Played for laughs in chapter 8 when she let the other girls to use Kurogane and tumble around miserably because there are reasons of why Madoka monopolize it.
- Ascended Extra: Char (somewhat) while he was turned into a guy (maybe) and kicked from being major member of Harem, he get his own plot and Love Interest (Laura).
- Dan also got more meaningful spotlight than he is in canon
- Asshole Victim: No one, repeat, NO ONE question Ichika's wisdom and actions during junior high because his victim deserved it.
- Bad Ass Family: Orimura family, obviously.
- Berserk Button: Do not in any circumstances: 1. Bullying a lonely girl or 2. Mentioning male inferiority in front of Ichika, God helps.
- BFS: Yukihira is already large enough, but combined with Koyuki, it became Yukihira Sanshiki that's about 8 foot long, and when it switched into beam blade version, it grows to 10 foot...
- Big Brother Attraction: Well, as if Ichika would notice...
- Big Damn Hero: Madoka and Cecilia during V8
- Birds of a Feather: Houki and Madoka, two outcast, both saved by Ichika.
- Bi the Way: While Char's infatuation for Laura is defined like a bedrock, his thought of Ichika is a little dubious, and there's Char being The Tease to him.
- Ran fell for Madoka the moment they talk the first time.
- Book Dumb: Subverted, he doesn't understand how I.S. work as a whole, despite being well versed in mundane physic, and in his words; "Might as well calling it magic". Considering the result of his battles so far, he's more of a Genius Bruiser.
- Easily missed fact that he's an Class-A top student in his Junior High...as shown in chapter 1 flashback. (which is actually Canon)
Ichika:"Thanks to a year of cramming, I was designated as a class A student. Madoka however always been All-star student…"
- He also can deliver epic Info Dump on certain times, such as in chapter 11
- Subverted with Houki, who sounded like a Book Dumb.
Ichika:Even though Houki is using sound effect again, I can still understand since there's a picture for it, the sound effect surprisingly very accurate though.
- Break the Haughty: Cecilia, TWICE, first by Madoka, then by Maya (the second of which shared with Rin).
- Cerebus Syndrome: Mild case, considering it started with 'Madoka stalking her brother', recent chapter is almost strange to read due to amount of Tear Jerker and Foreshadowing inserted.
- Chekhov's Gun: Crystal clear as stated in Chapter 8 that Ichika will have Seven Sword (that can combine into single BFS), but how much he can summon is limited to the development of him and Byakushiki.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Iori Senbei mentioned as early as That man who handle Byakushiki in chapter 8 but appears in chapter 11.
- Also, the name of 'Yoshi' mentioned by both Chifuyu and Ichika, and seems like this guy has some impact in their past life.
- In an Early-Bird Cameo moment, a woman (possibly Natasha Fairs from Canon) appear with a man which is specifically mentioned as not looking like a westerner. Along with still-constructed Silver Gospel.
- And that man who appear in the factory in chapter 11...Chifuyu of all people broke her stoic mask, mistaking it for someone else in the process. Hmmm.
- Chekhov's Skill: Ichika and mundane physic. Period.
- Clarke's Third Law: In chapter 2, Ichika concluded that to make stuff easier for him to understand, he has to use Belisarios Maxim.
- Cliff Hanger: Chapter 7 ended with Ichika took the beam aimed at Rin, parodied in that the author quickly pointed out that Ichika will be okay.
- Chapter 11 is rather normal even with a lot of Foreshadowing abound, but the sneak peek for chapter 12 is especially cruel.
- Likewise, Chapter 12 ended up even more sinister.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Subverted with Madoka, who knew about Ichika's harem and let other girl have a chance to be close with Ichika. She is jealous nonetheless, but definitely not clingy or angry.
- The subversion came further with virtually all the member of Ichika's harem. Yep, even resident Yandere Rin.
- Crazy Enough to Work: The fic, why do you ask?
- Creepy Twins: Invoked in chapter 2.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Dan seems to be this.
- As of chapter 13, Ichika himself, apparently.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Chaper 12, 4 vs 90, 4 people wins. Justified, it was done to test the discrepancy between rookie gamer and experienced, authentic pilot. And as expected, Ran understandably can't do anything significant whereas somewhat more experienced Dan do notably well for a first timer.
- Done again in chapter 13, with real people even.
- Dark and Troubled Past: All girls in the harem, but only Madoka's being explained. She was fed up with her so-called-friends rampant feminism action and snap when they tried to molest/ date rape an innocent boy from neighboring boy school. Also, some teacher just plain hated her and spicing up the rumour. WAY before that, she was hailed as antisocial and freaky as a child. Ichika is her Living Emotional Crutch, and this serves as her Freudian Excuse for loving him as a man she can depend and trust forever.
- Deadpan Snarker: When angry or depressed, Ichika may only seconded Kyon. Case in point:
- Deconstruction: Of various tropes played straight in the Canon, such as the concept of Oblivious to Love, the later of which precisely because Ichika didn't want a girlfriend yet and prompt him to nerf his own brain, Chifuyu's strict aloofness isn't portrayed as sympathetic either, neither does the Leeroy Jenkins attitude of the heroines.
- Demoted to Extra: Most of the heroines, by default was demoted from Balanced Harem to Supporting Harem.
- Does This Remind You of Anything??: the exchange between an anonymous senpai and Ichika in chapter 4 could be likened to...something.
Ichika: "Thank you very much; this is a priceless experience, senpai! This is my first fight too!"
Senpai: "R-realy? As expected from Madoka-san, really skillful. Orimura-kun, I'm glad to be defeated in your debut battle… be sure to give your best shot next Moday, okay?"
- Dual Wielding: Both Houki and Ichika, though Ichika just started recently.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Charles, and most definitely heterosexual Ichika is disturbed by it...complete with man-boobs.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Madoka, apparently just a remnant of Chifuyu's manly charisma, and she knew it well.
- Although back in her old school, the attraction might be genuine, or at the least because of her own incredible reputation.
- First Name Basis: Played straight with Ichika and all the girls, inverted with Madoka to Ichika, she started calling him by honorifics as a sign of her growing affection.
- Foreign Cuss Word: Charles and his liberal use of Gratuitous French cuss word (on his defense, his 'masculine french' tutor told him to memorize it).
- Gatling Good: Ichika often carry a small caliber Gatling.
- Gender Bender: Charles, now an authentic male, maybe.
- Gender Is No Object: Ichika has no hesitation insulting girls when ticked off, and frankly, with females in I.S. Academy, he doesn't need and should not holding back in physical fight either...
- Generation Xerox: Averted with both Ichika and Madoka, despite the expectation of people that they will be Chifuyu's sucessor.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: Subverted, Chifuyu is the resident sword-wielding Badass Teacher. Houki and Rin by no means a slouch, and Laura is self explanatory. On the other hand, Ichika is one crazy melee fighter and his twin sister Madoka is one crazy gunfighter.
- Headbutt of Love: Houki to Ichika in chapter 4 prior to his departure.
- Huge Schoolgirl: Houki and Madoka was considerably taller than most.
- Hunk: Ichika, at least by Charles' admission.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: Subverted that it was Ichika who reminded Houki, that she's better at Dual Wielding. Well, she's his mentor...
- Idiot Ball: Ichika in chapter 4 recklessly activate Yukihira's special properties without checking, causing his defeat.
- Incest Subtext: While Madoka's crush is official, Ichika's monologue and their interactions overall are chock full of this.
- Indy Ploy: Ichika.
- Chapter 04: Rapid beam barrage? No problem, calculate the delay and trajectory!
- Chapter 07: 'Invisible' Shockwave Cannon? No problem, use thermal imaging!
- Insane Troll Logic: which which actually in context of conversation, but still odd nonetheless.
Madoka: "Men…are stronger… God made them so; biologically proven … there's a reason most women need hormonal injection to be an excellent bodybuilder, while most men don't. In short, is that mean you did not believe in God?"
- Last Name Basis: To a narmful level by Chifuyu, seriously, Orimura-Imouto?
- Love Epiphany: Madoka realized that there's no one she can trust besides Ichika-nii after certain incident back when she's in the Boarding School, though even when she began to open up again to other girls, she still keep her feelings.
- Little Sister Heroine: Well, this is Twin Cest story, so it's to be expected...
- Made of Iron: Laura, see below.
- Mood Whiplash: Chapter 11 is practically this, complete with readers' discretion. Ship Tease between Rin and Charles followed by Charles' betrayal (sorta) AND some weird images that causing a seizure, AND then a comedic romance moment between him and Laura... okay.
- Not as You Know Them: Ichika = Excessively nice guy with temperament and self-denial issues just the tip of an Iceberg.
- Madoka is a kuudere with excessive brocon.
- Chifuyu has shown bright and cheerful side sometimes, as chapter 8 indicates.
- In general, the Heroines' penchant for violence is toned down after few chapters, especially Rin, which is part of her Character Development.
- Order Versus Chaos: What happened in Ichika's past, almost everyone agree that his 'dictatorship' is far, far better than the anarchy caused by lack of enforcement by the adults.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: Many, but probably the crownable one is in chapter 13
Ling Yin: "Payback, bitch
- Preview Piggybacking: No, really.
- Punched Across the Room: Ichika hit Laura so hard she BLASTED to the wall. He afraid about punching 'too hard, he wasn't.
- Real Robot & Super Robot: Apparently the titular Power Armor sport both features. Capable of incredible feat compared to 'conventional stuff' and all the time stomped at newtonian laws like there's no tommorow. But at the same time has numerous defined weaknesses, has Mass production version, being part of the military industry, and still affected by law of physic it doesn't broke.
- Red Baron: Ichika's full title when he's still in the student council is Emperor of the Silver Throne, Dan is called Red Right Hand of the Emperor
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Color inverted, cold and logical brunette with Black mech and cheerful and clever but arrogant blonde with blue mech. Also, Cold Sniper and Friendly Sniper in that order.
- Running Gag: "ALL HAIL ORIMURA!"
- Sacred First Kiss: Ichika mistook Madoka's request simply because his own urge convoluted his mind. Cue the awkward conversation after that...
- Schedule Slip: Considering the usual update speed (about a week), it's strange that the fic hasn't been updated in two months....
- Three months or more according to Author's latest note. At least he's still doing it.
- Latest claim the problem is that the co-writer was busy and might only work on it starting October.
- And chapter 13 out in Late February... 2013
- Scope Snipe: Madoka did this to Cecilia in a mock battle between the two. Justified because Cecilia wasted too much movement and the scope in question is 8 inch wide....
- Selective Obliviousness: Lampshaded by Charles that Ichika ignores his harem on purpose, afraid of awkward interaction (he was right, by the way). But cuminates with this:
- Ship Tease: For some reason, chapter 11 took some focus for Rin and Charles.
- Subverted by Dan and Madoka, who seems to flirt with each other. Madoka's Luminescent Blush is the symptom of a fever, while Dan instantly caught the Incest Subtext lingering within their very short interaction.
- Shout-Out: Aside from that phrase above, which referenced Norio Wakamoto in particular and Code Geass in general, the nickname also obviously a Shout-Out to Shinji And Warhammer 40 K.
- Sneeze Cut: At the very end of Chapter 11, Ichika wonder if Cecilia will sneeze when he talk about her with Dan, cue Cecilia sneeze back in the school....
- Springtime for Hitler: Invoked by author when he's encouraging other author who just started their own fic. And then there's this 'off-topic report'.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Ichika claims he and Madoka is quite similar to each other when they're little, but gradually became different... and yet they still shares good amount of resemblances, especially the hair and facial structures. To be fair, he also shares this with Chifuyu, and Madoka is practically 'Mini-Chifuyu' physically wise.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Charles has this effect on Ichika
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Madoka.
- Deconstructed, Madoka is increasingly emotional and less rational as the problems piling up, especially regarding Ichika.
- Reconstructed in chapter 10, as Madoka gains real friends, she became less icy and more sweet.
- Super Prototype and Flawed Prototype: Aside from canon examples, Kurogane is one, being much better than it's MP version Uchigane. Justified that Uchigane was deliberately made weak so it can be easily used by amateur, and anyone not skilled enough (or plain talented) is unable to use Kurogane without thrashing around wildly.
- Super Senses: Ichika has super precise sight and high-speed reflex, heightened further by Byakushiki's high-grade sensor. The combination of those justified all those shit he can do.
- The Mole: Charles, definitely symphatetic variety.
- The Stinger: You'd think Ichika is Flat Character and only serves as Harem Plot Device, you're right, at least until Chapter 11 rolled out...
- Title Drop: Chapter 5 has Ichika dropped the chapter title, Calm Before Storm.
- Wham Episode: Chapter 12. Just, holy shit....
Rin: "Well, on the more positive note, you don't carry burden of secret
for the one you love"
- What the Hell, Hero?: Chifuyu, Chifuyu, Chifuyu...if this Fan Fic is a Black Comedy, it might became a Running Gag.
- Inverted with Ichika, who blame himself for every shit he pulled in the past, but no one cares....
- Would Hit a Girl: Ichika, somewhat. Briefly played with, his only concern is that he's afraid that he punched Laura a little too strong, he didn't.
- As of chapter 13, he really has no problem hitting them casually, although avoiding injury at the same time. In the flashback he wasn't THAT merciful though...
- Charles on the same vein, though he avoid punched them, he has little problem with grapple.