Keith Silverstein her-... Sorry about that.
Keith Silverstein (born December 24, 1970) is an American voice actor. He's best known for his role as Johann Liebert from Monster
, as well as Full Frontal from Gundam Unicorn
Texan counterparts? J. Michael Tatum
and David Matranga
. Canadian counterpart? Michael Adamthwaite
Notable roles include:
- Akito in Tokko
- Mr. Badd in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
- Bryan Fury in Street Fighter X Tekken
- Cain Morris in Tiger & Bunny
- Coyote Starrk, Tensa Zangetsu, Aaroniero Arruruerie (Top Skull), Mabashi, and Tesla in Bleach
- Full Frontal in Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
- Gantu in Stitch!
- Girom, Boss, Rolan, and Danna in MÄR
- Heinz Gilden in Valkyria Chronicles II
- HUNK in Resident Evil (since The Umbrella Chronicles)
- Iwaki Kenjirou in Tenjho Tenge
- Johann Liebert in Monster
- Kazuo Aida, Kazushi Yamazaki, and Luigi Fujiwara in Honey and Clover
- Kewell Soresi and Yoshitaka Minami in Code Geass
- Kimimaro Kaguya in Naruto
- Konishi and Noriji in Paradise Kiss
- Detective Kun-Kun in Rozen Maiden
- Shirosaki in Rozen Maiden: Träumend
- Mr. Kurosu and the original wearer of Kaguro's human skin in Kekkaishi
- Lambda in Tales of Graces
- Lemaire in Blue Dragon
- Makken in Gurren Lagann
- Mondo Oowada in Dangan Ronpa
- The "Condescending Male" voicebank in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (including Silus Vesuius, Savos Aren, and, yes, Nazeem)
- Manji in Blade of the Immortal
- Masashi Daihama and Mita in Busou Renkin
- Masrur in Magi - Labyrinth of Magic
- Mikoto Suoh from K
- Owen in Bravely Default
- Robert from Haré+Guu
- Rumble and Frenzy in Transformers: War for Cybertron
- Seiji Haitani from Zetman
- Shen in League of Legends
- Simon Belmont in Castlevania Judgment
- Emperor Strada and some extras in Asura's Wrath
- Sunobi in Samurai Champloo
- Tatsuya Suou in Persona 2
- Tom Tanaka in Durarara!!
- Vector the Crocodile in Sonic the Hedgehog (2010-current)
- Villagiulio De Metrio Lu in Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne
- William B. Baxter in Eureka Seven
- Yakumo in Saiyuki Reload Gunlock
- Yukihito in Kannazuki no Miko
- Zasalamel in Soulcalibur III and IV
- Zhuge Dan in Dynasty Warriors 7 and Pang De in Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends
- Zwei in Phantom: The Animation
Tropes associated with Keith Silverstein:
- Badass Baritone: Because he has voiced many villains in the past, many of the characters he voiced has a deep register.
- Creepy Monotone: Whenever he voices a villain, expect them to speak like this.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: A lot of the characters he voices tend to be villains. While Liam O Brien's villains tend to show clear signs of insanity, his villains tend to be very stoic or those who have a very calm and calculating personality. Even if they aren't villains, most of his more heroic characters tend to be The Stoic or those with a calm, cool, collected personality. In other words, he fills both niches that Liam O Brien and Crispin Freeman hold.
- Playing Against Type: As Coyote Starrk.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: If the character he voices is the antagonist, then his character will be the villainous blue to the heroic red.
- Relationship Voice Actor: With Liam O Brien and Karen Strassman.
- Spiritual Successor: Considering the similar vocal ranges he can pull off as well as the similar typecastings, he could be considered the "successor" of both Crispin Freeman and Steve Blum.
- The Stoic: A good number of the characters that he voices fit into this trope.