The crown prince of Bretwalde and hero of the game. With his loyal allies, he aims to restore the kingdom.
- A God Am I: Crowns himself 'Divine Emperor of Bretwalde' in after Stage 20 if choosing Path B.
- Anti-Hero: Type V as Divine Emperor.
- Break the Cutie: Killing Marie to purify Spanta on Path B has this effect on him.
- Captain Ersatz: Serdic/Altrius is a pretty obvious shout out to Fate/stay night's Saber. Both are unwillingly the King of their respective country, they have the EXACT same outfit, carries a holy blade, use their swords as a Wave Motion Gun, both are arguably One man army, although in Serdic's case he needs to level up a bit first, both are blonde, both have storyline branches that may lead them to release their Super-Powered Evil Side, and whereas Saber is really an obvious woman that everyone mistakes for a man, Serdic/Altrius is a boy that just happens to look really feminine.
- Not to mention that the holy sword itself is uncannily similar to the Gran Centurio as far as its role in the plot goes...
- Chick Magnet: At least three love interests pin on him.
- Dead Person Impersonation
- Evil Costume Switch: If you choose the Darker and Edgier path on stage 20.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Path B. Goes from a relatively typical example of The Hero to a theocratic dictator calling himself the 'Divine Emperor,' goes from wanting to stop the token Evil Empire to wanting to conquer the Evil Empire, and starts waging a rather brutal scorched earth military campaign against them, all as a result of the aforementioned Break the Cutie from Stage 20. Needless to say, this gets him many a What the Hell, Hero? from the rest of the party.
- Kamehame Hadoken: Serdic's Overbreak attack, combining this with Sword Beam.
- Light Is Not Good/Good Is Not Nice: On the Darker and Edgier path.
- Love Triangle: Gets into one on Path B.
- No Name Given: It is stated at the beginning that the protagonist is an impostor, but on path A, it is later revealed that he could not even remember his own name (or perhaps have one to begin with), so Marie gave him a name.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: To Gauss during Path B.
- Tomato in the Mirror: The main character did not have a name because he is a homunculus of the real Serdic.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: As 'Divine Emperor Serdic.'
Serdic's younger sister, the Princess of Bretwalde. She has lived in a monastery in Verona ever since she was a child.
A young knight with a passion for justice. He is skilled at hit-and-run tactics, using his mobility to the fullest.
A heavily armored knight with high defensive power. He knows a little about everything and considers himself a ladies' man.
- Archer Archetype
- Game Breaker: Due to being able to move and attack at the same turn (unlike mages), a lot of players see him as this. Coming early in the game, high damage and long range makes him especially ideal in attacking the enemy spell casters that have equally long range spells like Abyss Gate.
The leader of a group of bandits known as the The Wise Bandits
- Cat Girl
- Fragile Speedster
- Freakiness Shame: Some other characters' comments on Alhambra's body (to start with, she does NOT like her animal features and wish them removed). But when she heard Serdic compliment on them (as he was the first out of many later), she was so touched and amused (laughing that it was the first time someone said her ears were cute) that she decided to join him.
- Petting Zoo People
- Companion Cube: Not really a shipping, but she joins Serdic's army solely for the chance to take his sword.
- Joke Character: Rukia isn't completely useless if you max out her critical hit rate, but there's not much you can do with her that can't be done better by Alhambra or Owl.
Selmer's twin brother.
- Accidental Misnaming: Yumiluna have problems remembering people, calling Alberich several different names (which were all wrong in one way or another) among others. It's been implied that she doesn't really forget.
- The Ditz: Yumiluna
- Light 'em Up
- White Mage
Emperor of Grand Meir and a true warrior. He fights alongside his troops.
Captain of the 2nd Division and the oldest of the Grands. Known as the the Gold Lion.
Captain of the 3rd Division. Known as the Black Lion.
The captain of the 4th Division. Known as the Green Lion.
The captain of the 5th Division, a woman who started of as a bandit. Known as the Red Lion.
Bretwalde's court wizard. After Grand Meir's invasion, his whereabouts are unknown.