Characters: Ozy and Millie
The wonderful cast of Ozy and Millie
and their character tropes.
Ozy (aka Ozymandias Justin Llewellyn)
A young Arctic fox boy. Tends towards excessive zen stoicism
and Deadpan Snarker
Tropes associated with Ozy:
Millie (aka Millicent Mehitabel Mudd)
An energetic red fox girl. Excitable and rebellious, prone to random acts of destruction, but has a good heart.
Tropes associated with Millie:
A dragon and Ozy's adoptive father. He appears to be slightly over a century old and is prone to Historical In Jokes, especially ones related to obscure presidents (e.g., he claims to be responsible for William Howard Taft getting stuck in the White House bathtub), as well as bad Zen jokes. He runs for president every four years, despite having seceded from the United States to form the nation of Greater Llewellynland.
Tropes associated with Llewellyn:
Ms.Mudd (aka Mililani Minerva Mudd)
Millie's mother, a lawyer and single parent. Although the most normal of the main four characters, she is implied to have been similar to Millie at her age. Also, her "hair" is blue for some reason.
Tropes associated with Ms. Mudd:
A raccoon child prone to mindless following of pop-cultural trends.
Tropes associated with Avery:
Avery's younger brother, who radiates Incorruptible Pure Pureness
. (It helps that he's four years old.)
Tropes associated with Timulty:
A "dread pirate" fox who lives in a Magical Land
inside Llewellyn's couch, and is subject to Merlin Sickness
. He's also Millie's father.
Tropes associated with Captain Locke:
A snobby sheep girl who's obsessed with being popular. She treats Ozy and Millie disdainfully until her Character Development
in later strips.
Tropes associated with Felicia:
- Alpha Bitch
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Probably the only literal example in all of fiction.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She becomes a little more sympathetic and self-aware as the strip progresses.
- Girl Posse
- Goth: Later in the strip's run. She stopped for a while after it became too hard but then picked it back up until near the end of the strip.
- Perky Goth: Was so peppy about being one that the Middle School Goths rejected her.
- Ship Tease: With Avery in her final appearance.
A Jerk Jock rabbit
who seems to live to stuff Ozy into trash cans
—although that doesn't stop him from asking Ozy to do his homework for him. He's also attacked other kids (including Millie) a time or two.
Tropes associated with Jeremy:
A truly epic geek. Simpson created him to satirize the emerging cyber culture's "sense of entitlement and superiority".
Tropes associated with Stephan:
- Bumbling Dad: His dad was watching a Doctor Who marathon and didn't notice Stephan was missing for a week until Stephan came back.
- The Cracker
- Demoted to Extra: He used to be a much bigger part of the comic. The cartoonist explains that he was created to represent the overly confident geeks of the dotcom era; when the dotcom bubble burst, there simply wasn't as much of a place for him.
- Future Badass: Thinks he'll be a millionaire and show everyone who mocked him. Or at least he did before the Dot-com bubble crashed and toned him down a bit.
- Hopeless Suitor: Has had crushes on Felicia, Isolde, and Stephanie. They never pan out.
- Proud to Be a Geek
- Species Surname
An nerdy, sarcastic aardvark girl who becomes Stephan's Love Interest
Tropes associated with Stephanie:
Llewellyn's niece, Ozy's cousin, and an aspiring reporter. Often helps Llewellyn with his plans and babysits Ozy and Millie.
Tropes associated with Isolde: