An art student at Miskatonic University, and main protagonist of the story.
Tropes Associated With David
- Deadpan Snarker: Often, though some of it could be related to shock.
- Genre Savvy: David, when it comes to dealing with real world-Lovecraft world interactions. Realizing that there must be a coverup agency, he goes into hiding for a few days to see how the agency operates (whether they use "arson" or "a gas leak" as an excuse for his roommates' murders) so he'll know if it's government-based or not.
- "I knew I was not going to like that answer."
- Knight in Sour Armor: Frequently cold and snarky, but often helps folks in need. According to the opening narration for chapter 3, it is quite possible to comprehend life's ultimate lack of meaning and still be perfectly satisfied with it.
- Mad Artist: Check out David's rough figure drawings of Nancy here and here. While these are life-drawings and accurate depictions, others might come to the conclusion that he is a bit odd.
- Mistaken for Murderer: The Delta Green agents believe that David is an evil cult leader who sacrificed his followers to summon and bind an Eldritch Abomination into his service since he was the only survivor of Nancy's summoning.
- Nightmare Fetishist: From a young age he's been drawing strange and grotesque images.
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant
- Perma Stubble
- Unlucky Everydude: Naturally, since this is an affectionate parody of the harem and magical girl genre. His fascination with the strange tends to put other people off.
- Weirdness Magnet
A servitor of the elder god Azraboath, she was summoned by a cult to fulfill their deepest wishes — much to their detriment. She is trapped on Earth until she is able to understand and fulfill David's wish of "having someone give a crap about him." There are possibly other reasons she is here.
Tropes Associated with Nancy
Sleeper of N'kai, AKA Tsathoggua
A eldritch creature that lives in the forests of Arkham. David selflessly rescues some of her servants — frogs — and as a reward she wishes him to become her mate and consort.
Tropes Associated With the Sleeper of N'kai
Shub-Niggurath, AKA "Shubby"
An eldritch abomination that lives in the forest next to David's house. She visited to meet the new couple and hasn't left since.
Tropes Associated with Shubby
A near-mindless servitor of the Old Ones, it had broken free from its containment to rampage through Arkham. It encountered Nancy and Dave while they were out on a stroll through the park. After a short yet violent battle, Nancy managed to convert the creature into the shape of a short, adorable young woman.
Tropes Associated with the Shoggoth
Nyarlathotep AKA Narla Hotep
A bookstore owner by day, and a Humanoid Abomination
servant of the Elder Gods the rest of the time. She recently encountered Dave and his expanding collection of eldritch horrors while he was trying to sell back some old textbooks. She seems to be tagging along out of curiosity and her innate desire to screw people over to further the plans of the Elder Gods.
Tropes Associated With Narla
- Jackass Genie: She will frequently pretend to misunderstand people's wishes in the most horrible way.
An organization that fights against eldritch abominations and their human servants. At the moment the team stationed in Arkham is operating under the assumption that David is a 5,000 years-old sorcerer and a leader of a cult, who sacrificed all his acolytes to bind an eldritch horror to his service. They also think David will play a large part in a prophecy of doom. As such, they want him dead very badly.
Tropes Associated with Delta Green: