Characters: Lovely Complex
Characters in Aya Nakahara's Lovely Complex!
Voiced by: Akemi OkamuraRisa is 172 cm tall and thin and has light red hair and brown eyesRisa is seen as impulsive and strong-willed, rarely willing to display her softer side. She is a tsundere. She is also very clumsy and apparently talks a lot, usually in not such a good way.It is strongly stated by the other characters that she is very funny for a girl and a fun person to hang out with. At the same time, she also implies she is not cute and girly, the type of girls that are very appreciated in Japan, possibly due to her tall stature. Her favorite artist is Umibozu, her admiration for him going to the point of obsession.Risa is also very fond of video games, always seen in her spare time playing some, especially Virtual Date kinds.Also she seems to like rabbits a lot, having a lot of bunny shaped things.
- A-Cup Angst: After meeting Hitaomi, a rather buxom woman who flirts with Atsushi, Risa comments that she has no breasts with a rather dejected look on her face.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Otani. He has a real attitude problem and Koizumi often has to endure quite a bit of verbal abuse. Plus his hard-to-read behavior and his short temper can fit in too.
- Animal Motifs: Bunnies. See Bunnies for Cuteness below.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Koizumi can instantly drop angst, romance, or anything she's doing at the moment she sees swimming pools, rickshaws, or Umibouzu.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Often has these moments with Otani.
- Bad Liar: Anyone could say what she's thinking because is,literally, written all over her face.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Otani. They start very much like this, but it's somewhat unusual in that it's entirely viewed from the Tsundere's perspective.
- Although Otani has his times like a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Birds of a Feather: With Otani. Nobu and Nakao are realize that they have many things in common.
Otani: Maybe our compatibility...really is 100% after all!Risa: ...(Surprised)Otani: Except for the height.
- In the manga they obtained 100% compatibility at the Love Machine.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Redheaded Girl to Nobu’s Blonde and Chiharu’s Brunette.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Koizumi is usually the Tsukkomi, though after the Relationship Upgrade she acts more like the Boke to Otani's Tsukkomi.
- Book Dumb: Risa is depicted as not so smart and usually does bad in school and sleeps in class.
- Bunnies for Cuteness: She has a very cute affliction for thinks with shaped things of bunnies.
- Things like: A red purse, a necklace, a ring, her cellphone, something for the bath, among other things.
- Caught the Heart on His Sleeve: To Otani, to physically stop him from walking over to talk to his ex-girlfriend.
- Class Clown: With Otani. They are the comedy pair of class known as "All Hanshin-Kyojin" and usually play the Boke and Tsukkomi Routine
- Class Representative: With Otani. Averted because they are the Class Clowns.
- Cry Cute: Usually after being rejected by Otani. These moments makes fans hate the male protagonist, even if he’s not being a total jerk. Or make that feel so much sorry for her.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: She falls quite often, like when she’s going at the Umibuzo’s concert. Although she seems to be more serious harmed.
Risa [Suddenly awakens]: DAMN IT! My summon monsters have been annihilated!
- At the beginning, she's sleeping… while standing… in the training in row of her school!
- Dogged Nice Girl: She becomes this when she realizes her crush on the lead male Atsushi. It doesn't help that all of her friends, usually Nobuko and Nakao,are constantly encouraging her on in her pursuit of him.
- An odd mix of this and Tsundere.
- Effortless Amazonian Lift: Koizumi carries Otani in her arms after he failed to escape her.
- Everyone Can See It: that Otani and her are perfect for each other.
- Fiery Redhead: She has a really hot temper, and also red hair…
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences: With Otani. They are so good at this that they become a comedy sensation at their school.
- Although is unintentionally, and usually Played for Laughs.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Sanguine and a dash of Choleric.
- Gamer Chick: Up to Eleven ! Her first scene has her sleeping while standing ''and snoring''. Then, when she suddenly woke, she yells ''“DAMN IT! My summon monsters have been annihilated!”'' and everybody laughs.
Nakano-sensei: So you stayed up all night playing games, huh?Risa: SorryNakano-sensei: That’s not very lady like.
- And then the conversation with her teacher :
Risa: Don’t even think that I will lose to you! If I win, you’ll have to buy me all those new games that I want!Otani: Huh?!!Otani: What on earth is she talking about? Only thinking about console games again!
- Lampshades for Otani when she points at him saying his no going to win the bet that they made.
Otani: If you have time to play games, why don't you spend it on learning how to be a woman!Risa: *Glares at him*Otani: Look at you! Not only are you tall, you don't even have the slightest sense of feminity at all, Suzuki will never like you!
- At one point she becomes so obsessed with them that she falls for Maity because he looks like Cain, a character from her favorite game. Also is usually seen as a tomboy because of this. See Tomboy below.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Risa is fond of using this method to calm people down or get them to think more rationally. She punches Otani twice, and Mimi once followed by "The Reason You Suck" Speech.
- Gonk: Subverted. Risa is normally pretty good-looking, but she can make some rather...strange faces.
- He Is Not My Boyfriend: With Otani. Even after the former has kissed her of his own accord.
- Hot for Teacher: Becomes a fangirl Maity-sensei.
- Huge School Girl: Basically, half the premise is based on she being a girl more taller than japanese average. And she is very insecure about it.
- Insecure Love Interest: To Otani. She thinks very high of Otani's ex-girlfriend, Kanzaki, wondering why would he pick her over his ex-girlfriend.
- This is partly because his hard and cold behavior around her and his inability to tell what he feel for her that she is don’t always sure he loves her enough or loves her at all.
- Insult of Endearment: With Otani. She calls him “midget” and “shrimp”, though after the Relationship Upgrade , she still occasionally call him this, though in a considerably softer manner than before.
- Ironic Name: Her last name is Koizumi and means "little spring" in japanese and she is taller than any other girl.
"I've tall ever since I was young. When we line up for morning assembly, I'm always at the end. But I happen to be named "Koizumi". Sorry, it's not "Oizumi".
- This is lampshades in the first scene.
- Kansai Regional Accent: The entire plot speak this way because takes place in Osaka.
- Like an Old Married Couple: With Otani.Girl: Ahahaha, They're at it again~Guy : It'd be better if you two did a "married couple" comedy duo for the school festival.Otani: ARE YOU STUPID! DON'T SAY SUCH STUPID THINGS!Risa: How embarrassing~ What 'married couple' it's still to early!Otani: *smack* DON'T YOU GET INVOLVED TOO!Risa: ACK!Nakano-Sensei: ''Aah...'' We don't have any time left so we'll just let the married couple class representatives be the committee.
- The Matchmaker: When she was trying to hook up Otani with Chiharu. She ends up developing a Matchmaker Crush on Otani.
- One Head Taller: Than Otani.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Risa likes to hand these out after punching people to get them to calm down and think more rationally. She's done this to Otani and Mimi.Risa: [Risa punched Otani.] AHOU! It doesn't matter if you're tall or short! You're a man as long as you have a *beep*!!.Otani: Girls shouldn't use such indecent words!Risa: Just shut up, WILL YOU!? PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CALLING YOU SHORT FOR ETERNITY ALREADY! WHAT’S SO EMBARRASING ABOUT BEING CALLED SHORT BY A SINGLE GIRL!? If you're going to be bothered by such trivial matters... Beat ... Then you don't even have the right to like anyone! LOSER!
- She Cleans Up Nicely:.◊ In episode 24 of the anime. When she has to model in the photo shoot with Mimi because missing models. photo of the anime◊ photo of the manga (painted)◊
- Statuesque Stunner: Half of the premise of Lovely Complex is Risa Koizumi, a girl taller than average. Overlaps with Huge Schoolgirl.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Huge Girl to Otani's Tiny Guy. She is a girl who’s taller than average and he is a guy with a height below most average guys. Do the math!
- Tsundere: Type Unsorted, but that is mostly due to the indecisive and hard-to-read behavior of her love interest.
Otani: What’s that? You’re saying that when I’m there, Mimi is fake?Risa: Not fake… but… in front of the person you like, you’ll want to be your cutest.Otani: …When it’s you saying that, it’s not persuasive at all.Risa: [acting cute] Why not? I’m also very cute in front of Otani, right?Otani: Gross, gross.Risa: WHY IS THAT GROSS!?
- Unlike her love interest, Risa tries to be dere dere with Otani. The problem is that when she tries, Otani ends saying things like “gross” or “weird” and that makes her mood changes of a "dere dere" one to "tsun tsun" in question of seconds.
- For example in "Declaration of War! The Dangerous Beauty Burns with Envy!" when Risa points out that Mimi must be depressed because Otani saw her true self, we get this:
- Unrequited Love Switcheroo : With Otani. Played with. Risa falls in love with Otani, but Otani rejected her because he can’t see her like “more than a friend” (maybe because she’s taller than him too). Finally Risa gives up with Otani and she have a fangirl crush on Maity-sensei… Otani gets unwittingly jealous of Maity and finally realizes about his feelings for Risa in a Green-Eyed Epiphany (invoked for Maity-sama.)
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Otani. After they make a "truce" about hook up each other with their love interests (and fail) and after their deal about who gets a boyfriend/girlfriend first, they spend more time together and becomes close friends (they still fight, of course.)
- Will They or Won't They?: Will the guy with a height below most average guys (Otani) and the girl who's taller than average (Risa) finally get together?
Voiced by: Akira NagataOtani is a really short guy, standing only 157 cm by 12th grade. He has a small stature but a bit muscular due to his constant basketball training. He has orangey brown hair and brown eyes.Otani can be tough and rude on the outside, trying to look more manly.]] At heart, however is kind, silly, naive, oblivious, funny and a good friend. Like Risa, he likes Umibozu, water parks, games and the two tend to do things others wouldn't (like riding a rickshaw). Also, he displays a happy and care-free attitude,much like his girlfriend.He is quite popular with girls even though he is completely oblivious to Risa's, Seiko's and Mimi's feelings towards him.By the end of the series he follows his dream to become an elementary school teacher,stating he has always liked kids to the point in having some 10-years old as his basketball friends.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Otani can instantly drop angst, romance, or anything he's doing at the moment he sees swimming pools, rickshaws, or Umibouzu.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Often has these moments with Koizumi.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Koizumi. They start very much like this, but it's somewhat unusual in that it's entirely viewed from the Tsundere's perspective.
- Although Otani has his times like a Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Berserk Button: He has a short-temper especially when people make fun of his small height.
- Do not call Otani idiot neither.
- If someone in his circle of friends annoys him (especially Risa and Nakao) he becomes angry and tell them he will beat them to death.
- Risa showing feelings for another guy. This guy is really really jealous… but given what happened with his ex–girlfriend you can't blame him.
- Birds of a Feather: With Koizumi. Nobu and Nakao are realize that they have many things in common.
Otani: Maybe our compatibility...really is 100% after all!Risa:: ...(Surprised)Otani: Except for the height.
- In the manga they obtained 100% compatibility at Love Machine.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: At first he was the Boke to Koizumi's Tsukkomi. After the Relationship Upgrade he acts more like the Tsukkomi giving at Koizumi Dope Slaps often.
- Chick Magnet: Kanzaki,Mimi,Risa, Seiko (if she count) and those three girls in the basketball practice.Nobuko: Everytime they see Otani, they get really excited.Koizumi: Are you serious?Girl#1: Ah! Look! Look! Otani got yelled by the teacher again!Girl#2: Yeah, You’re right!The Three Girls: SO CUTE!!!
- Class Clown: With Koizumi. They are the comedy pair of class known as "All Hanshin-Kyojin" and usually play the Boke and Tsukkomi Routine.
- Class Representative: With Koizumi. Averted because they are the Class Clowns.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He is a bit like this towards Risa Koizumi, but subtler than the standard. See Green-Eyed Monster below.
- Everyone Can See It: that Risa and him are perfect for each other.
- Finishing Each Other's Sentences: With Koizumi. They are so good at this that they become a comedy sensation at their school.
- Although is unintentionally, and usually Played for Laughs.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Choleric and a bit of Sanguine
- Friend to All Children: He will be a Cool Teacher in the future because of this.
- Green-Eyed Epiphany: Otani has never been able to see Risa as anything other than a friend...until she's suddenly swooning over Maity-sensei.Otani: You're always saying "Maity this, Maity that"!! That's why I'm so annoyed!!Risa: ...Why should you be annoyed?Otani: How should I know? Annoying things will, of course, annoy me!! Don't ever mention his name again!!
- Purposefully invoked by Maity-sensei via his "magic" in order to make Risa happy.
- Green-Eyed Monster: He easily gets jealous (such as when Maity offered Risa to take her home) even though, deep down, he knows he doesn't have to worry since Risa is always going to be in love with him.
- He becomes insanely jealous when he sees Risa with Kohori. He even told Risa that he'd punch Kohori in the face if Risa was with him.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Has a fuse as short as his height.
- Has a Type: He likes short,cute and helpless girls and seems to think that girls need to be feminine and a bit shy.Risa: [Risa sneezes]Otani: Don't sneeze like an old man!Risa: Say, what kind of girls do you like, Otani?Otani: Me? Well, not the type who sneezes like an old man, at the very last.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Her love interest, Koizumi, is a redhead.
- Insult of Endearment: With Koizumi. He calls her “amazon” and “totem pole”, though after the Relationship Upgrade , he still occasionally call her this, though in a considerably softer manner than before.
- It's All About Me: Is often arrogant, having a high opinion of himself.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Has a lot moments like this, usually with emphasis on "Jerk".
- Though he is more a Tsundere type.
- Kansai Regional Accent: The entire plot speak this way because takes place in Osaka.
- Keet: His usual state. Small? Check. Cute? check. Colorful? check. Energetic? check, check and check.
- Like an Old Married Couple: With Koizumi.Girl: Ahahaha, They're at it again~Guy : It'd be better if you two did a "married couple" comedy duo for the school festival.Otani: ARE YOU STUPID! DON'T SAY SUCH STUPID THINGS!Risa: How embarrassing~ What 'married couple' it's still to early!Otani: *smack* DON'T YOU GET INVOLVED TOO!Risa: ACK!Nakano-Sensei: ''Aah...'' We don't have any time left so we'll just let the married couple class representatives be the committee.
- The Matchmaker: When he was trying to hook up Risa with Suzuki. He ends up developing a Matchmaker Crush on Risa.
- The Napoleon: Half of the premise, is he being a guy with a height below most average guys. Overlaps with Hair-Trigger Temper. See Berserk Button above.
- Oblivious to Love: Not only is he initially completely oblivious to Koizumi being head over heels in love with him, even writing off an outright declaration of love from her as a joke.
- He also doesn't realize that his childhood friend Mimi is also madly in love with him.
- Oblivious to His Own Description: Koizumi describes Otani as her perfect guy and he does not get it despite it being a perfect description of him.Otani: What kind of guy is he?Risa: An idiot.Otani: Huh?Risa: He’s an idiot… but he’s a good guy. He’s shorter than me, but he’s so sweet that I don’t care.Otani: Is that so…Don’t tell me the reason you’ve been coming to watch basketball… is because this guy you like is on the team?Risa: Shocked.Risa: Huh!?Otani: If it’s someone shorter than you, and he’s on the basketball team, it has to be Yamamoto. No, wait… Ikeda is pretty short too…Risa: You’re an idiot.
- Older Than They Look: Probably due at he is short for a guy, and people thinks he’s a kid. . .
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: With Koizumi. Even after the former has kissed her of his own accord.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Tiny Guy to Koizumi's Huge Girl. Tiny Guy to Koizumi's Huge Girl. He is a guy with a height below most average guys and she is a girl who’s taller than average. Do the math!
- Tsundere: A rare male example of Type A with heavy emphasis on the "tsun" part. Otani is often showing the “tought” kind of love, rarely expressing directly his feelings for Risa. His pet name for her could be considered “idiot” or “stupid” since he always calls her that way even when blushing.
- Even moreso than Koizumi. In fact she is way more open with her feelings and tries to be a cuter girlfriend just for him, but this hardly works cause he never appreciates it or he say things like “gross” or “weird” when she tries…
- …And that just pulls her tsundere side off her.
- Unrequited Love Switcheroo: With Koizumi. Played with. Risa falls in love with Otani, but Otani rejected her because he can’t see her like “more than a friend” (maybe because she’s taller than him too). Finally Risa gives up with Otani and she have a fangirl crush on Maity-sensei… Otani gets unwittingly jealous of Maity and finally realizes about his feelings for Risa in a Green-Eyed Epiphany (invoked for Maity-sama.)
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Koizumi. After they make a "truce" about hook up each other with their love interests (and fail) and after their deal about who gets a boyfriend/girlfriend first, they spend more time together and becomes close friends (they still fight, of course.)
Otani punches Yoshi.Yoshi: That hurt!Otani: No matter what you say, you are annoying! You are just trying to act cool!Yoshi [punches Otani]: I'm not really freaking trying to act cool!Otani: If that's how it is, it's really not cool at all!Yoshi : Shut up,tiny! I can't be friends with someone so tiny!Yoshi : It's like you're the one who is tiny! What should I do since we don't have a relationship?Otani: We do have a friendship! YOU ARE MY FRIEND!
- Nakao mock Otani quite often too,and Otani yells at him when he does or when he say something (he considers) stupid.
- With Yoshi in the manga. Otani gets angry about him because he's a jerk,but he is his friend anyways.
- Will They or Won't They?: Will the guy with a height below most average guys(Otani) and the girl who's taller than average (Risa) finally get together?
- Cool Big Sis: She is this to pretty much everyone, but especially Koizumi. This is evident when she's crying and looking to Risa for comfort.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: with Risa.
- Shipper on Deck: She ships Risa/Otani so hard that seeing Risa with another boy angers her.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Girly Girl to Risa's Tomboy.
Voiced by: Kenjiro Tsuda (in the CD drama)
- Beta Couple: With Nobuko. They almost have as much screen-time as Risa and Otani.
- Break Her Heart To Save Her: He tries to act like a womanizing jerk so that Nobu wouldn't feel guilty about leaving him. It didn't work.
- Brown Eyes: Contrasts with his Cloud Cuckoo Lander behavior.
- One Head Taller: He's about the same height as Risa.
- Perpetual Smiler: He smiles even when he is being insulted!
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Sensitive Guy to Otani's Manly Man
- Shipper on Deck: Wanted Risa and Otani to get together.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: With Nobu. They still have their issues, though.
- Stepford Smiler: In the episode "Premonition of Separation?! Risa and Ōtani Walk Separate Paths". He pretended to be happy for Nobu, but he was really sad to think of her going.
- Supreme Chef: He reveals that will take care of the Japanese sweet shop of his father.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Suzuki fails to get into the same college as (sweet, meek, quiet) Chiharu, and seriously considers breaking up with her because he feels insufficient as a boyfriend. When she finds out, she picks up a desk and throws it, just barely missing him. She remains angry enough for a while to involuntarily tear magazines in half whenever she remembers it, too.
- Brainy Brunette: The smartest girl in the group.
- Does Not Like Men: More out of shyness than misandry.
- Innocently Insensitive: Says that she doesn't consider Otani a guy because of how short he is.
- Cannot Spit It Out: In the manga, he didn't have the courage to tell Chiharu how he felt for her. That is until Risa intervened.
- Innocently Insensitive: Says that he doesn't consider Risa a girl because of how tall she is.
- Only Sane Man: He may not be as hyperactive as the others, but he's not oblivious to their erratic nature.
- The Quiet One: He is the most quiet compared to anyone in the anime and manga.
Voiced by: Masaya Onosaka
- Childhood Friend: With Risa.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: He expressed an intense hatred towards Otani and clung to Risa. He practically flipped out when he heard Otani rejected Risa.
- Gender-Blender Name : As a child, he was picked on because he was given a feminine name.
- Lady Killer In Love: Sorta. He's a massive The Casanova, but insists he's only "preparing" himself to date Koizumi via dating all of these girls. She obviously ain't pleased.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: With Risa as children. He was very sensitive and quiet while Risa was tough and loud.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Upon reuniting with Risa, he gives her one or two bear hugs.
Voiced by: Fujiko TakimotoA girl who Otani briefly dated. He broke up after he found out Seiko is really a boy.
- Dumb Blonde: Isn't really that smart.
- Genki Girl: Seiko is very, very cheerful and upbeat. Though in the manga, she is said to have fallen into depression when her voice started breaking...
- Meaningful Rename: Her original name is Seishirou, but she renamed herself Seiko.
- Transsexual: She's biologically male, yet she identifies as a female and says God put her in the wrong body.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: Poor Otani. He was practically scarred from this.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Haruka.
Voiced by: Yuki Matsuoka
- Cute Sports Club Manager: She seems to like basketball players, both short and tall.
- First Love: For Otani. This worries and surprises Risa upon discovery.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With her boyfriend. He's about 6'4'' of tall and is nicknamed "The Junior High Super Giant".
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: She and Chiharu look very similar. This may have been the reason why Otani pursued Chiharu.
- You Gotta Have Gray Hair: What separates her from Chiharu. Even Risa notices it immediately.
Voiced by: Hisao EgawaA famous rapper whom Risa and Otani love.
- Face of a Thug: His wife even says that, despite his angry appearance, he's actually a very kind person.
- High School Sweethearts: With his wife. They had a setback when he confessed, but they eventually started dating.
- No Name Given: His real name, that is.
- Teen Idol: A famous rapper that both Koizumi and Otani like.
Voiced by: Junichi SuwabeA student teacher who teaches Risa and Otani's senior class.
- Chick Magnet: A majority of his female students, including Risa, are so enamored with him. They even started a club for him.
- Cool Teacher: He does his best to help his students, even with the silliest situations.
- Expy: To Risa, he looks and sounds like a character from a visual novel she's reading.
- Hot Teacher: So much that he's the one pictured on the page!
Voiced by: Masashi HiroseRisa and Otani's homeroom teacher. He was the one initiated the "All Hanshin-Kyojin" name calling for Risa and Otani.
- Dodgy Toupee: In the movie, he tries on several wigs. Some of them are fairly obvious.
- The Gadfly: He takes delight in messing with his students, primarily Risa and Otani.
- Shipper on Deck: He paired Risa and Otani together quite frequently.
Voiced by: Kae ArakiA girl in Otani's neighborhood who has a crush on him.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Makes one when demanding to know why Otani is dating Risa.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: She seemed nice around Otani, but really lets her colors show when she's alone with Risa.
- Betty and Veronica Switch : Risa is a fieryredhead tsundere and has very few traditionally feminine traits, but she's nice and very kind-hearted. Mimi is the friend to Otani. She's a cute and nice model.Well,she acts like one... Actually she's hateful,egotistical,jealous and a kinda yandere girl. So at first glance She's the Betty,but when her true personality is revealed she is the Veronica.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: She can't stand it when Risa tries to comfort and/or relate to her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Turns into this when she realizes that Risa does understand her.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: She has had a crush on him for years and had been waiting for him to be taller than her.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: She has black hair, pale skin (in anime), and happens to be a model
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: She's about the same height as Risa. This is the reason why she gets upset with her relationship with Otani.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: When compared to Risa, she's almost as girly as Nobu.
- School Idol: A famous model.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: To Otani. She lives right next to him and has loved him for years. Unfortunately, Otani never noticed until she told him.
- Yandere: Tried to stab Risa's hand and threatened her if she stayed with Otani.
Kazuki KohoriA young high school boy who works at Ikobe with Risa. He quickly develops feelings for her, which hurts Risa's relationship with Otani.
- Almost Kiss: He was dangerously close to kissing Risa while she was asleep.
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma!: Tries to put the moves on Risa while she's napping.
- Innocent Blue Eyes: Paired up with his gullibility.
- Likes Older Women: He's implied to be about 15 years old and he's pursuing Risa, who's a senior in high school.
- The Rival: For Risa's affections.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Like Otani, he's shorter than Risa.