Characters / Hustle
Michael "Mickey Bricks" Stone
Played by Adrian Lester (Series 1-3, 5-8)
The main character and leader of the team in every Series except the fourth. Mickey is a confident and charismatic man who usually plays high-status characters. He chooses to grift because he loves the thrill, and also because of the fate of his father, an honest man who worked hard all his life only to drop dead of a heart attack the day before he retired.
Played by Marc Warren (Series 1-4)
Played by Jaime Murray (Series 1-4)
- Abhorrent Admirer: She attracts a few. She also views Danny as this at first.
- Back for the Finale
- Brainy Brunette: She's dark-haired and clever. She's the team's banker and often helps the team with accounts of the.
- Dude Magnet
- Good with Numbers: There's a reason she's the "banker" of the team.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Black-haired, pale and considered very beautiful. Men admire her and a new-comer Danny immediately starts crushing on her. She sometimes plays an exotic beauty in their schemes and she's occasionally required to Show Some Leg.
- The Smurfette Principle: She's the only woman on the team.
- Team Mom: In creating the series, Tony Jordan realised that the principal characters could not have any friends or family outside the crew and therefore sought to create a nominal family with Stacie providing the role of substitute mother/wife.
- Woman Scorned: One episode revolves around an elaborate revenge plot against her estranged husband.
Ash "Three Socks" Morgan
Played by Robert Glennister.
- Badass Boast: He delivers one to a pair of warring gangsters in "Picasso Finger Painting".
- Brief Accent Imitation: He is the Man of a Thousand Voices after all.
- The Fixer
- Gag Penis: "Three socks".
- Man of a Thousand Voices
- Mr. Fixit: He's the most technically minded member of the team.
- Rousing Speech: He gives one about the beauty of football and what it means to Britain at the start of "The Fall of Railton FC". It noticeably fails to inspire the rest of crew until he adds that it will also involve "Lolly. Lots of lolly".
Ash: "Because football is my game, football is your game, football is OUR game. AND I WANT IT BACK!"
Ash: "Well you're supposed to clap and cheer at that bit".
Ash: "There's lolly in it. Lots of lovely lolly".
- Unwilling Suspension: "Picasso Finger Painting" opens with Ash hanging upside down by his ankles in a deserted warehouse. He proceeds to explain how he ended up in this predicament.
Played by Ashley Walters (Series 4)
Played by Kelly Adams (Series 5-8)