Richard "Richie" Richard
Let's be English about this
- All Men Are Perverts
- All of the Other Reindeer: As demonstrated in many episodes, but particularly in the episode "Parade".
- Affably Evil
- Attention Whore
- Bad Liar: His Falklands story isn't fooling anyone.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Has an endearing childishness about him, but as soon as you manage to offend him in the slightest way possible (And given his stupidity and habit of misunderstanding people, he will find something to take offence at), and he will scream in your face and threaten you with violence.
- Bi the Way: Several hints are dropped, including the time he gets heavily aroused when trying to steal a man's false leg.
- Break the Haughty: In pretty much every episode.
- Butt Monkey: The butt-monkey in a pair of butt monkeys.
- Camp Straight: Incredibly camp, and yet incredibly lecherous towards women.
- Casanova Wannabe: Though deep down he knows he's repulsive to women.
- Combat Sadomasochist: Develops into one over the course of the series and live shows.
- Darker and Edgier: In the film version, Guest House Paradiso, he appears as much more calculating (Well, as calculating as Richie can be), amoral, angry, and generally more mean-spirited.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: A chronic masturbator, Richie is often seen unzipping his trousers and reaching down into his pants whenever Eddie leaves the room.
- Drama Queen
- The Dreaded: By Spudgun and Dave Hedgehog. They tolerate Richie because of their friendship with Eddie, but they make no attempt to hide the fact that they're scared of Richie and think he's a complete psychopath.
- Drunk with Power: Even to the extent that he runs a gas station like Nazi Germany.
- Amusing Injuries / The Chew Toy
- The Ditz
- The Danza: Rik Mayall's first name is Richard.
- The Finicky One: Subverted. Richie tries to put up a front of being this, but in reality he's just as seedy, sex obsessed and repulsive as Eddie. Moreso, even.
- Gass Hole
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Becomes violently angry at the slightest of offences, offences such as refusing a drink, being in front of him in a queue, and passing out after he's just beaten you within an inch of your life.
- A God Am I: In the episodes "Contest" and "Holy".
- If It's You, It's Okay: Seems to develop this attitude towards Eddie.
- It's All About Me
- Jerk Ass: Threatens old ladies and, along with Eddie, mugs charity collectors of their collection tins.
- Lethal Chef: Which is unfortunate for Eddie, as Richie is the designated "wife" in their friendship.
- Mood-Swinger: Constantly swings between two emotions: childishly optimistic, and violently angry.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Eddie's blue.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Sensitive to Eddie's manliness. It's so played upon, that even Spudgun and Hedgehog nickname Richie as Eddie's "wife", behind his back.
- The Snark Knight
- Teeny Weenie: Played ENORMOUSLY for laughs.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In Guest House Paradiso. Which is really quite something, considering that Richie was already an all round awful human being in the television series.
- With Friends Like These...: With Eddie
Edward "Eddie" Elizabeth Hitler
Not a lot of people know that...
Spudgun and Dave Hedgehog
The bartender at the Lamb and Flag pub
The boys' landlord and shopkeeper. He's very bad at his job.
Lady Natasha Letitia Sarah Jane Wellesley Obstromsky Ponsonsky Smythe Smythe Smythe Smythe Smythe Oblomov Boblomov Dob, third Viscountess of Moldavia
A rich aristocratic woman who wants to marry Richie because he lied about being of royality himself.
A thug who wants money that Richie and Eddie owes him.
A streaker who pesters the boys in "S'out"