- The Danza: Richard Mayall and Adrian Edmondson.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: There's an incredible amount of talent overlap between this and about six other Britcoms.
- Mostly the overlap is between this show and Red Dwarf, likely due to both having Ed Bye as producer/director.
- Averted (for most viewers at least) with Robert Llewelyn's appearance as a Falklands veteran, as not only does he (obviously) appear without his Kryten makeup, but also speaks in a very different accent.
- Mike The Cool Person is Dave Hedgehog.
- Irony as She Is Cast: In the series, Eddie can't cook to save his life (he once resorted to eating lard when he was hungry) and has to rely on Richie's terrible cooking. In real life, Adrian Edmonson is actually a very talented chef who won the 2013 edition of Celebrity Master Chef.
- Throw It In: Rik Mayall accidentally hit Adrian with a Groin Attack on The Big Number 2 stage show. Adrian's next line is "It's alright Richie, I have 3 fucking kids already."
- Too Soon: The camping episode ("'s Out") was omitted from the original 1992 run completely due to a then recent murder on Wimbledon Common; it was eventually aired in 1995.
Lyrics to Richie's version of The Sailor's Hornpipe: Do your balls hang low?
Can you swing 'em to and fro?
Can you tie 'em in a knot?
Can you tie 'em in a bow?
Do you get a funny feeling when they're hanging from the ceiling?
Oh you'll never be a sailor if your balls hang low!