- Hey, It's That Guy!: There's an incredible amount of talent overlap between this and about six other Britcoms.
- Mostly the overlap is between this show and Red Dwarf, likely due to both having Ed Bye as producer/director.
- Averted (for most viewers at least) with Robert Llewelyn's appearance as a Falklands veteran, as not only does he (obviously) appear without his Kryten makeup, but also speaks in a very different accent.
- Mike The Cool Person is Dave Hedgehog.
- Throw It In: Rik Mayall accidentally hit Adrian with a Groin Attack on The Big Number 2 stage show. Adrian's next line is "It's alright Richie, I have 3 fucking kids already."
Lyrics to Richie's version of The Sailor's Hornpipe:
Do your balls hang low?
Can you swing 'em to and fro?
Can you tie 'em in a knot?
Can you tie 'em in a bow?
Do you get a funny feeling when they're hanging from the ceiling?
Oh you'll never be a sailor if your balls hang low!
How Eddie’s Special K competition entry really reads (after redactions):
I want to go to the Bahamas because
bloody hot there – that’s why! What a stupid
besides there’s lots of birds knocking about
beach, wearing skimpy bikinis
knockers hanging out, for everyone to get a
really, really, really, really