- Crosses the Line Twice: Well, it's more like they use the line as a skip rope.
- Crowning Moment of Funny:
Are you finished? It's just that I'm beginning to understand why Stephen Fry fucked off. note
- Even critics of the crude style of Rik and Adrian's comedy admit that the Gas Man sequence in the episode "Gas" is hysterical.
- Eddie's brilliant Actor Allusion during the jail scene in the second live show:
- Fridge Logic: When Eddie and Richie Catch a burglar they sellotape him to a chair since the have no rope, However when the plan backfires they are tied to chairs with rope.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: The first Bottom Live show, which is about Eddie trying to kill off Richie for his inheritance money, features a touching last minute goodbye between the two, which is way less funny since the sudden tragic death of Rik Mayall.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Possibly subverted with the live shows since they are able to get away with it.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The subplot in the final episode involving the Prime Minister being involved in a three-way sex tape took on a whole new level of hilarity when it emerged in 2002 that the then-PM, John Major did have an affair with Edwina Currie during his tenure. It also led to fans speculating whether the third person involved in the threesome was more likely Virginia Bottomley or Anne Widdecombe... or Michael Portillo in a particularly convincing costume.
- The scene where Rik Mayall tries to bluff his way through being a Falklands veteran, after the 2015 brou-haha over FOX News commentator Bill O'Reilly's possibly false statements about being in the Falklands during the war.
- Ho Yay (possible Foe Yay)
- Jerkass Woobie: Sometimes, it's possible to feel just a teeny bit sorry for Richie, given how deeply lonely and pathetic he is. And then (usually seconds later) he reminds you of what an utterly horrible human being he is. The sympathy doesn't last long.
- Les Yay: Subverted when Eddie attempts to pull a bird whilst disguised as "that bird from the abbatoir who looks like Ted Rodgers".
- Magnificent Bastard: Dick Head, the landlord of the local pub. Richie and Eddie try to scam him out of his money and/or booze various times throughout the series, but Dick always turns it back on them in some brilliant style.