- Americans Hate Tingle:
- Kokin-chan, Dokin-chan's blue sister who won't stop crying, tends to be wildly unpopular with American fans, but in Japan? She gets a lot of fanart from Pixiv.
- Dokin-chan herself, who won't stop being a Tsundere towards Baikinman, is also wildly and regularly unpopular with American viewers, but she's ranked below Kokin-Chan in the Japanese Popularity Poll.
- Awesome Music: The "Epic" version of "Anpanman's March" from "Dolly's Star of Life".
- Ear Worm: Many of the songs from the show, especially those made by Dreaming, can be so catchy that you can't get your mind off of them!
- Foe Yay:
- Between Anpanman and Baikinman, especially in the kindergarten movies...but that doesn't count, since in the movies, they are friends.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Quite a bit of the fandom depicts Katsudonman as a gay due to his mannerisms. In early 2017, his voice actor Yuji Mitsuya came out.
- Shokupanman is probably the first hero whose head is slice of bread, before POWDER TOAST MAN!
- Ho Yay
- Well, since they are friends in the kindergarten movies, Anpanman and Baikinman would count as this.
- Also Baikinman and Horrorman. WTH
- In a Valentine's Day episode, after watching Cupid go to work on some woodland creatures, Baikinman cheerfully has this monologue in his UFO: "Make Anpanman fall in love with me . . . I mean, no, make me fall in love with Anpanman - no, no , no!"
- Les Yay: Shiratama and her assistant Tsukiko in the special "Tsuki Koto Shiratama". Being Takarazuka performers helps. Also Tsukiko with Dokinchan in the episode.
- Periphery Demographic: It has to exist one way or another what with the show running this long. Though a more surprising case is that they do have fans from the West who are indeed not in the targeted age group albeit very underground, and often leads to expressing their "frustrations" toward certain characters. Famously, Naganegiman. As usual, these kind of things happen on Tumblr.
- Ugly Cute: Baikinman.
- Viewer Gender Confusion:
YMMV / Anpanman