- Actor Allusion: Naganegiman is a parody of Zorro. His voice actor, Akio Ohtsuka was the dub voice for Zorro in The Mask of Zorro.
- Fan Nickname: Dokinchan is frequently called 'DQN' at Nicovideo.
- Fountain of Expies: Baikinman's unique devil and fly hybrid design, along with his popularity as a character, has caused his design to become shorthand for germs of various uses in other franchises, including computer viruses.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: With the series being as long in rarely exported, year-sorted episode packs in VHS and DVD with about a dozen each year, many, many episodes have never been officially released for home viewing.
- Likewise, with a publication history spanning the better part of four decades and 100+ titles, a large number of older Anpanman books are out of print (the 25-volume "Anpanman Mini-Books" series from 1983-'84 was only recently republished), and some stories (including the entirety of the monthly manga) appears never to have made it out of the periodicals where they were serialized. The last three years' worth of the newspaper strip (whose books only cover the first 18 months or so) is relatively easier to obtain, provided you have access to a library that collects old issues of the Yomiuri Shimbun....
- Also extremely rare is an English version of the film Fly! Fly! Chibigon, which was made in the mid-to-late 90's as a test pilot to get English TV stations to pick up the series. Although it was not meant to be screened to the public, the credits sequence of this version was leaked in a video of the full version of Cha-Cha's cover of "Anpanman Tasiou" around mid-2012 before being removed by TMS.
- There's a streaming service in Japan called "Anpanman Channel" note , which streams some episodes. However, there are two downsides to it: 1. The only episodes on the service are just from 2010 and beyond (except for episode 1000, which aired in 2009), making the service useless to fans who want to legally watch the pre-2010 episodes online. 2. The episodes are only available for a limited time. So if there's a particular episode on the service that you want to watch, don't put off watching it for too long.
- No Export for You: Despite its popularity, the Japanese food-centric characters make it something of a hard sell in the Anglosphere.
- However, this trope is technically averted in North America since the series currently airs in Japanese (with no English subtitles) on TV Japan. There's still no word on an English dub, though.
- The Other Darrin: Due to show being a long runner, quite a bit of the characters would get replacement actors over time, either because the original actor passed away, or couldn't get a hold on continuing the voice.
- SL-Man was voiced by Kei Tomiyama until he passed away in 1995. Tomohiro Nishimura took over the role afterwards.
- As of 2019, the only main characters that had voice replacements are Uncle Jam (Hiroshi Masuoka is retiring from acting due to age) Horrorman (Kaneta Kimotsuki died on October 20, 2016) and Dokin-chan (Hiromi Tsuru died on November 16, 2017). Uncle Jame was replaced by Kouichi Yamdera, Horrorman was replaced by Kazuki Yao and Dokin-chan was originally replaced by Rei Sakuma who also plays Butterko for the 2017 Christmas special until Miina Tominaga took on the role for future episodes and productions.
- Recycled Script: Happens from time to time, given the length of the series and its adherence to Strictly Formula. It also affects the movies, which are generally based on existing books, which may or may not have previously been made into TV episodes.
- The 2012 film adapts the book Anpanman and the Banana Dance (2012), with generous amounts of original material. As always, this will also get a picture-book treatment from the original author, which will be a book based on a movie based on another book of his.
- Referenced by...: the song "Anpanman" by BTS, which talks about heroes who might not fit the Batman or Superman idea of a hero, but use the best of their abilities to help people. It makes a parallel between him and themselves as artists ("I'm a new generation Anpanman!"): while they might be imperfect people with weaknesses, they aim to inspire and help people with their music.
- Relationship Voice Actor: There's a lot of them, but here's an interesting one. In the "Yuukirinrin! ABC" video, one of the maids is voiced by Helen Morrison, who voices Arche Klein from Tales of Phantasia. Melonpanna's voice actress, Mika Kanai, also voices the same character in the Japanese version of the game!
- Talking to Himself: With a cast this large, its inevitable. To name just one example, Kōichi Yamadera is Cheese, Kabao-kun, and Kamameshidon, plus a number of side characters.
- Technology Marches On: In the original cel-animated episodes, Baikinman's control panel on his computer was a Famicom controller. Since the mid to late 90s and the recent digital ink episodes, it's changed into a Super Famicom controller.
- The Wiki Rule: The Anpanman Wiki.
Trivia / Anpanman