Daffy works at a hospital as a surgical assistant to Dr. Quack. When he gets thrown out of the operating room for fooling around, Daffy decides to prove himself by finding his own patient to operate on... and Porky Pig just happens to be walking by the hospital.
- And Starring: The opening has "Featuring Porky" billed under the main title.
- Bowdlerization: In the 1990s, Nickelodeon aired two edited versions of this cartoon:
- The redrawn-colorized version was heavily cut, shortening the part where Daffy holds up signs telling people to be quiet to remove the "Hush Yo' Mouf" sign and the sign with Hebrew writing which translates to "Silence is Foo!" when shaken; Daffy hitting himself with a mallet and consulting his three ghostly selves about Porky's "condition"; and the scene of Daffy and Porky tripping into the iron lung (though given the horrendous quality of the hand-drawn colorized versions, some of these may have been cuts done because the animators screwed up so badly that the scenes were unusable).
- The computer-colorized version was only slightly edited, cutting the sign gag (Daffy holding the signs that read, "Shh!", "Hush Yo' Mouf!", and Hebrew writing that translates to "Silence is Foo!") to remove "Hush Yo' Mouf!"
- Hypocritical Humor: Dr. Quack thinks Daffy is crazy, but he turns out to be looney as well when his patient is revealed to be a football.
- Inflating Body Gag: After getting his head stuck in the Iron Lung, Daffy's head starts expanding and contracting like a balloon. He tries to hold it still, but that just causes another part of his body to expand and contract. In the end of the cartoon, both Daffy and Porky get stuck in the Iron Lung again, causing their body parts to expand and contract again.
- Like a Surgeon: The doctor talks about Daffy not realizing the seriousness of the situation, but then it's revealed that the "patient" he was stitching up is actually a football, showing that he's just as loony as Daffy.
- Mad Doctor: Daffy Duck, natch. He's more than eager to saw open Porky's stomach.
- Not So Different: Both Dr. Quack and his assistant Daffynote are crazy, but in different ways.
- Pun-Based Title: On Daffy's own name, of course.
- Punny Name/Klutz the Surgeon: Dr. Quack, Daffy's boss.
- Serious Business: Quack treats sewing up a football with all the concentration and urgency of performing surgery on a live patient.
- Shout-Out: At one point, Daffy holds up a sign saying "Silence is foo.", a reference to Bil Holman's Smokey Stover, one of Bob Clampett's favorite comics.
- Talking to Themself: Daffy does this very literally by bonking himself on the head so he can talk to his conscience about what to do with Porky.
- Visual Pun:
- Daffy is revealing to be hiding a huge pile of pins under his hat. He's a pinhead.
- Daffy brags that he has a "sheepskin" (slang for diploma) and a license, then pulls out a sheep's skin and a license plate.