The Addams Family has had an Animated Adaptation produced by Hanna-Barbera after their guest appearance on The New Scooby-Doo Movies. This animated series ran on NBC Saturday mornings from 1973 to 1975 and featured an 8-year-old Jodie Foster as Pugsley. It is based off the New Yorker cartoons by Charles Addams and the 1960s sitcom of the same name. In the cartoon, the Addamses travel in a vehicle resembling the Creepy Coupe from Wacky Races.
- Advertised Extra: Cousin Itt is seen in the opening credits, but only appears in a handful of episodes.
- Animated Adaptation: The first animated series of the Addams Family, following their guest appearance on The New Scooby-Doo Movies.
- Comic-Book Adaptation: This cartoon had its own comic book published by Gold Key Comics.
- Creepy Family: Well, the franchise is based around the concept of a family that is weird and sinister.
- Mythology Gag: The character designs are based more on how the Addamses appeared in Charles Addams' original New Yorker cartoons than how they were depicted in the 1960's live-action television series.
- Poorly Disguised Pilot: The Addams Family's aforementioned guest appearance on The New Scooby-Doo Movies may have been done to test the waters for this series.