Rise of the Heroes (abbreviated as Roth) is a webcomic uploaded on Tapas and Webtoon, uploaded by the user Dual Dragons. It was first published on August 24th, 2018.
Roth follows the journey of the teenage sorcerer Andrew Lacondore, who is determined to save his father from spiralling down his own rage and darkness within. Of course, Andrew is charismatic enough to convince others to help him on his quest... or so he thinks.Will Andrew succeed in saving his dad, or will he succumb to the very same curse?
Rise of the Heroes generally updates once a week or once every two weeks on Tapas
Rise of the Heroes contains examples of:
- Adventure Guild: For some reason, Andrew thinks it's a good idea to create a guild (Rising Heroes) and drag his party in it without asking for their consent.
- Anime Hair: You live in this world, you get coloured or weird hair. Everyone has it, even the adults or elderly (unless you are bald).
- Art Evolution: Comparing the first and latest page of Roth is like comparing apples and cars, they are just not the same.
- Back from the Dead: At the end of chapter 4, the antagonist Douglas is speared through his head by Akros. But he lived!
- Brains and Brawn: Akros surprisingly furfills both categories during his fight against Douglas being able to put up a decent fight against the Azure Hand Elite.
- Cat Folk: Sphynx, Bastet and Maahes all fall under catfolk. They even turn into cats when not near their weapons as demonstrated by Bastet in Chapter 2 and Sphynx in Chapter 5.
- Crush Blush: Luna does this a lot when she is around Andrew.
- Dark and Troubled Past: The youngest of the crew, Cress, has a heart-locket of his deceased parents which reveals he is an orphan.
- Don't Go in the Woods: In Chapter 5, Sphynx, Cress and Lorraine enter the Engano Woods which are notorious for their deceit and ominous air...
- Elemental Powers: Andrew, Cress, Enzios, and Akros all specialize in a single elemental power to defeat enemies... or grind them into dust.
- Everyone Has a Special Move: In the webcomic, multiple people use Limit Breaks to attack or finish the job on enemies, like Greg and Enzios. Even Douglas uses this to threaten the heroes.
- Gold–Silver–Copper Standard: The main form of currency in the Rot H universe. What? You thought there would be some kind of advanced financial system? Psssh!
- Functional Magic: Magic is the most prevalent system in Rise of the Heroes, almost everybody makes use of it due to the sheer amount of use it has.
- Nebulous Evil Organisation: An organisation named Azure Hand gets involved behind the scenes regarding Andrew and even kidnaps him...
- Playing with Fire: The main character, Andrew, is skilled in fire sorcery... and that's it really.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: Andrew manages to start a group of all kinds of people willing to accompany him in his quest, some as friends and some as "former" enemies.
- The Rival: After a dirty victory for Andrew, a witch named Cate becomes so obsessed with revenge that she follows the sorcerer around, all to get him back.
- Rugged Scar: In chapter 4, the antagonist Douglas shows his toughness to the readers by revealing a massive scar over the entirety of his back.
- Shonen Hair: A variety of the group travelling with Andrew has spiky hair, how do they keep it so upright? Do they use hair gel or something?
- Superpowered Evil Side: Andrew taps into a hidden dark form during the Leviathan's assault. Unfortunately for our party, the form seemingly turns the sorcerer chaotic and evil. His hair becomes EVEN spikier and bigger to boot...
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Multiple people in Roth have been shown to be able to shapeshift in a draconic or demonic form, most notably Ivan.