Happle Tea is a Web Comic about mythology and other things written by Scott Maynard. It stars a boy named Lil K, who lives with a Sasquatch and has all sorts of wacky adventures. Updates on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Notable about this comic is the author's commentary that accompanies the strips. These are often just as humorous as the comic itself, and grant the reader some insight on mythology.
This Webcomic provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: The frog princess.
- Alt Text: On some strips.
- Animesque: The earliest strips leaned towards this.
- Art Evolution:
- Author Avatar: K
- Ax-Crazy: K acts this way sometimes.
- Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti: Lil K's roommate and apparent adoptive father is a Sasquatch.
- Breakout Character: J.P. Necromancer was supposed to be a onetime character. The author actually avoids using him so he doesnt become the leader of a Spotlight-Stealing Squad.
- Don't Fear the Reaper: The title of this strip. Subverted in the author's comments:"Actually wait... DO fear the reaper."
- Cute Kitten: Post Art Evolution, God takes the form of a kitty when he's hanging out with K.
- The Grim Reaper
- Innocent Innuendo: Often.
- Mundane Utility: "The Next Level".
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: God hoped more than one skin tone would make humanity more interesting.
- Pals with Jesus: And every other religious figure under the sun.
- Phlebotinum Killed the Dinosaurs: Joseph Smith is stronger than any force of nature!.
- The Rant: But rarely used for actual ranting.
- Remember the New Guy?:"What do you mean you've never met Richard? He has lived here for five years! He delivered your baby! He is the godfather of your child!"
- Required Secondary Powers: Averted. Helios is not immune to UV radiation.
- Rule of Funny: Exodus's plague of darkness was probably about Yahweh demonstrating superiority over the Egyptian solar deity, Ra, but acknowledging the logic behind the otherwise harmless lack of sunlight wouldn't make for a funny comic.
- Sadly Myth Taken: The comic is an aversion, and rather makes fun of how misrepresented most legends are in pop culture.
- Skyward Scream: "FAAAATHER!!! I will avenge you!!"
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: Often.
- Tarot Troubles: Someone manages to draw 7 death cards while reading their tarot. Despite the fact that the deck normally only contains one of that card.
- Horrible Judge of Character: The character Stacey keeps accidentally hooking up with the forces of darkness.
- Vague Age: Even the author isn't sure how old Lil K is. He claims to be eleven in one strip, and eight in another.