- Caught with Your Pants Down: Scott's sister almost walks in on a blowjob.
- Cast Fullof Gay: Scott is gay. His sister Carol is a lesbian and in a very happy relationship.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys: Maybe "Handsome" is more appropriate but they're pretty too.
- Deal with the Devil: The main story follows a normal man's contract with the demon of Music.
- Demon Lords And Arch Devils: Devoto's boss is the Sin of Pride who answers to Satan.
- Fallen Angel: Most of the main cast. Some regret falling and others clearly revel in it.
- Horny Devils: Devoto jumps into bed as soon as he meets someone and doesn't worry about it.
- Ironic Hell: The fallen angels are denied their former angelic aspects in Hell. Devoto isn't able to enjoy music except when he is on Earth.
- Guy-on-Guy Is Hot: The entire point.
- Long-Distance Relationship: Isam and Zima. One was forced to stay in Heaven while the other fell to Hell.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Devoto and Isam both have longer than normal hair. Isam particularly.
- Magically Binding Contract: Scott ages twice normal because of his contract with Devoto.
- Male Frontal Nudity: Sometimes characters talk while naked.
- Man of Wealth and Taste: The main demons act wealthy.
- Nightmare Fuel: Several very powerful angels Fell from Heaven, including the Angel of Mercy and the Angel of Joy. This is terrifying when you know that these concepts are not permitted in Hell when that Fallen Angel is resident - so if the former Angel of Mercy is in Hell...
- Our Angels Are Different: The angels do not take the form of winged humanoids, but shape-shifting cosmic chimeras. Their default form could be a beautiful unicorn or a winged crocodile or a golden boar, or a white dog with a long peacock tail. Angels are born and die in pairs, although not necessarily made equal. Devoto describes this when he compares his angel sister to a Tamagotchi and himself to Deep Blue, indicating she is far beneath him in terms of power and responsibility.
- Our Demons Are Different: Demons are fallen angels. When they fell, their chimera "default forms" were twisted and damaged as part of God's punishment. One of the mutilations Devoto suffered in the fall was to lose his entire lower jaw in his disturbing new form, and another former angel was boiled down to the bone.
- Porn with Plot: While the comic does provide great fanservice in the steamy relationships between several major characters, it also explores the philosophical nature of existence, redemption, the reasons for the Fall, free will and purpose.
- Really 700 Years Old: Devoto looks like he is in his 20's but is an old demon.
- Rock Me, Asmodeus!: Devoto was once the Principality of Music. The main character strikes a deal with him in exchange for musical talent, giving Devoto a rare opportunity to use his gifts, as fallen angels are denied their former Aspects in Hell.
- Satan: A very different take on the relationship between God and Satan, but to say any more would be a huge spoiler.
- Sibling Rivalry: Scott is intensely jealous of his sister for, in his view, squandering her gift of music and rebelling against all the values they were brought up with.
- Sibling Triangle: When Isam was created as an angel, he was given the choice to "marry" another angel between the Seraph of Peace, and the Angel of Joy. The one who lost out has been nursing a very bitter unrequited love ever since.
- You Are Worth Hell
Webcomic / Devoto