The Uncanny Valley is the 5th Anniversary special of That Guy with the Glasses. Rather than the usual Massive Multiplayer Crossover, Valley is a collection of five shorts, linked by the theme of how people interact with New Media and hosted by The Webmaster (with constant interference from Thomas, the host of a Meditation Safety show), as played by Nash Bozard and Rob Walker, respectively. It ran from July 23rd to the 28th, 2013.
- "Dragonbored", about a man whose video game character enters the real world and takes over his life, can be seen here. The trailer is here.
- "Dragged In", about a hapless lingual expert recruited to decode a first contact message, can be seen here. The teaser trailer is here.
- "The Reviewers", about a couple of friends who try to make it big as video review show critics, can be seen here. The trailer is here, and behind-the-scenes featurettes are here and here.
- "Internet Dating and Me", a mockumentary about Mike Jeavons' dating-site-instigated date with a fan, can be seen here. The trailer is here.
- "Darkside of the Internet", a documentary about how people interact on the web, can be seen here. The trailer is here.
- Diamanda Hagan's "The Pointless Epilogue", which caps the event, can be seen here.
You can watch the trailer for the whole event here!
Not to be confused for the trope it's named after, Uncanny Valley.
This web video series provides examples of the following:
- Anthology: As opposed to the previous years' specials being one long movie, this one is divided into several self-contained shorts.
- Horror Host: The Webmaster, but four of his attempts have been ruined by the meditation guy.
- Odd Couple: The Webmaster and the Meditation guy.note