Phoenix Wright Abridged is an ongoing Abridged Series of the Phoenix Wright anime created by PowerMadOtaku.
It follows the egotistical and loudmouthed defense attorney Phoenix Wright as he fights in court to get his innocent clients acquitted and find out who the real culprit is so he can send them to the sun.
Not to be confused with Ace Attorney Abridged which is an abridged series of the video game.
This work provides examples of:
- A God Am I: Parodied. Phoenix started his own religion around himself just so he can feed his own ego. Some people actually bought into it.
- And There Was Much Rejoicing: Untwisted and then subverted. Phoenix is happy about Mia's death at first... until Phoenix realizes that Mia never gave him his paycheck.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Phoenix is an insane, constantly shouting idiot who shoves ladybugs down people's pants regularly and sends the people he convicts to the sun, but manages to win his first case in under a minute, and has given Miles Edgeworth a hard time the first time they meet.
- Phoenix was smart enough to tape record Redd White's murder confession and uses it to convict him in court.
- Comically Missing the Point: Maya's not upset that her sister Mia is dead, she's upset that she lied about taking her out for burgers.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Despite being a complete idiot, Phoenix manages to not only disprove Frank Sahwit's testimony but also manages to solve the case using only the evidence on hand all under a minute.
- The Ditz: Maya. In addition to being a wannabe gangster, she is easily distracted if burgers are involved.
- Idiot Hero: Exaggerated with Phoenix, who is even more of an idiot than in the games.
- Just Toying with Them: Phoenix actually tape recorded Redd White's murder confession, but withholds that piece of evidence until the end just to drag out the trial to toy with Edgeworth, because he thought it was funny.
- No Indoor Voice: Phoenix, who is always shouting, no matter where he is or what the situation is.
- Only Sane Man: Mia Fey. She's the only person who pretty much understands who Phoenix is. She even warns Maya not to hire Phoenix. Unfortunately, Maya's The Ditz and she hires Phoenix.
- Miles Edgeworth, poor Edgeworth.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: Maya. She even performs assault with a deadly weapon in the middle of a courtroom when April May performs testimony that pisses her off.
- Shout-Out: A few references are made to NicoB, specifically his running gags of the judge's love of turkey sandwiches and Maya's obsession over yaoi. Also, Maya's middle name is Gilligan.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Phoenix Wright in this adaptation.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Maya.
- Wheel of Decisions: After successfully convicting Redd White, Phoenix and Maya spin the Wheel of Suns to decide what sun-related execution Redd White will face.