- Close, but no cigar. Aiz is a Half-Human Hybrid, her mother Aria is a fairy. Fairies are described as being close to deities thanks to their natural magic, but they're just another race on Orario.
There will probably be some panic, possibly with the public thinking monsters are wandering the town rather than this being the work of a person.
- Isn't that basically Lyu's backstory?
- Not quite. Her Guild got wiped out in an inter-Guild war/backstabbing because Astera's Familia set themselves up as Champions of Justice as well as Dungeon Warriors, and caused a lot of trouble for people such as the above. It was more of a 'we only kill each other' type situation.
- She's definitely hiding something. The stinger of episode 10 has her join Hestia's quest to find Bell completely in ninja-esque disguise.
- This has been Jossed, episode 12 shows that she's been blacklisted by the guild, basically meaning she can't join anyone else's Familia, nor could she trade magic stones, so she has to find another way of living.
- Semi-Jossed in later novels. Syr and Freya are shown to be in two different places at the same time in Volume 8 of the light novel series, and Freya later refers to Syr by name, speaking of her as a person separate from herself, who has some as-yet unexplained connection to her Familia. Exactly what is going on here remains unexplained as of the most recent volumes, but Syr does not appear to be Freya.
- Confirmed. Turns out Syr is the former identity of a girl she saved off the streets who then traded it for the ability to impersonate Freya. Freya transforms into Syr to basically function as a normal human and every instance of Syr giving Bell an item that helps him is Freya directly interfering. Freya is also confirmed to have several abilities that aren't tied to her Arcanium.
At this point, it seems very clear that Hermes is sneakily training and/or testing Bell for something - something that will begin a new 'chapter' of their world. Off the top of my head, the Greek Gods were the only ones who made their really exceptional heroes (or very occasionally exceptionally beautiful mortals they really liked having sex with) into demi-gods. Bell is not only the very first and also most loved follower of one of the oldest Greek Gods (there's a reason the Percy Jackson series refers to Hestia as 'the last Olympian') he was also raised by the leader of the Greek Gods. I'm guessing there's a reason the authour picked that particular pantheon, rather than the Japanese.
Why not Aiz, you ask? (She's certainly Heroic enough) Because she's attached to a Norse God, and the Norse Gods only rewarded their heroes in the afterlife, in Valhalla. Same with the Irish and the Japanese Gods; all the Gods we've seen so far have been Greek, Norse, Irish, Japanese and Indian.
- At the end of the English version of book 5 (which is what the final arc of the anime is based on) Hermes' speech goes into a bit more detail; he believes that a new age of Heroic Legends, a Familia Myth is about to begin, because there must be a reason that so many great warriors are about at the same time. He rattles off a few examples, and except for Freya's Champion and potentially Bell, all the others (including Aiz, obvs.) he lists are from Loki's guild as well... in other words, all sworn to Norse deities.
- The main issue with Lyu/Ryu joining Hestia Familia is that it would require Astrea to release her. Volumes 6 and 7 go into the details of how an adventurer can change Familia. The short version is they have to be released from the contract with their current deity and that can happen one of two ways. First a god can perform a ritual to release them either willingly (like Hepheastus and Takemikazuchi did for Welf and Mikoto respectively or unwillingly if they are compelled to like Apollo's entire Familia as a result of the War Game. The other way is for the deity to be forced back to Tenkai, like Ishtar at the end of Volume 7, thus releasing their entire Familia at once.
If Lyu's blacklist is lifted, she has no need to join Hestia Familia since that means Astrea can come back to the city and formally re-establish her Familia.
- Astraea left the city on her own will, she is not bared from coming back. There just lack a sufficient reason for her to come back.
Alternatively, being blacklisted doesnt mean Lyu cant go into the Dungeon, participate in War Games, or change familia. It just means she cant step foot into the Guild building.
Second: Albert Waldstein is the protagonist of the book Dungeon Oratoria. A book written by Zeus Bell's adoptive grandfather. It hasn't been stated which familia Aiz's parents were a part of so it's possible they were in Zeus' familia and that's why he would write a book about his adventures.
Third: Though it hasn't been confirmed both are heavily implied to be dead and Bell was raised by his grandfather Zeus after his parents two adventurers in Zeus' familia died. It isn't outside the realm of possibility that they were Albert and Aria.
As for why Aiz never mentions having a brother or why Zeus didn't raise her like he did Bell. Maybe after Zeus' familia got wiped out she panicked and ran away and eventually found her way to the Loki familia. Or for a more hilarious idea her parents kept her existence a secret from Zeus because they didn't want him corrupting their daughter and would have done the same with Bell if it weren't for their deaths.
If this turns out to be true it would not only be hilarious but also be one hell of a revelation for Bell because, well, he's been in love with his sister.
- This would also be consistent with not only about half the Ring Cycle, but some of the nastier Greek Myths too; in all those cases (including Oedipus Rex) the accidental incest was because of meddling from the Gods, or Fate being a bitch. Now what pantheons are Bell and Aiz sworn to... oh yeah, that would be Greek and Norse respectively.
- This might also explain why, in the novels, Bell's POV of his feelings for Aiz seems to be 90% Hero Worship (literally) and platonic (because she's far too high above him) adoration, with only a smattering of teenage hormones. Given that Aiz has been Dungeon crawling since she was six, they would have been separated young enough for Genetic Sexual Attraction to be viable.
- My pet theory practically expands on this: Tenkai is earth, Gakai is a game, gods are humans (thus descended gods are players), and the earthlings are Player Characters. Falna is the mechanics. What follows would be the "no limit" type in Player Character Calculus, and the Advisor type in Player and Protagonist Integration. This also explains why gods don't usually enter the Dungeon, since players don't move in the game universe, only a Player Character does. Gods entering the Dungeon is tantamount to hacking it.
So the next solution is to create one. A Titan could do it (and remember, Uranus has been mentioned once, but a Familia for him hasn't), or an equivalent like Odin (who hasn't been mentioned, I don't think)... but wouldn't it be simpler to breed one? Remember, Hestia is the Goddess of Hearth and Home - who better to raise a potential Death God who will treat the children's souls responsibly and not go dangerously batshit from the job?
After all, look around at the Goddesses we've been shown so far (it'd have to be a Goddess; there's no indication so far that a non-divine woman could survive bearing a God's child). Freya and (the mentioned) Ishtar are both fertility Goddesses, but I can't imagine either of them being willing to risk their figures for a pregnancy. Hesphastios is a rather proper sort of God, I can't see her being willing to try breeding with a human and she doesn't seem to have a very high opinion of most of the Gods. So far, all the evidence shows Loki as being same-sex oriented. Yes, some other Goddesses have been shown or mentioned, but only as one scene wonders. Something as important as a Death God would require a regular cast member.
- Dionysus noets within Volume 3 of Sword Oratoria that he dislikes human customs of the dead as he knows that there's no spirit left behind to appease: everyone that dies is within Tenkai's hands. This implies that Tenkai is actually the Underworld, or at least the Underworld is a part of it, making it more likely that the Death Gods have their hands busy up there.
- Bell meets Aiz and the Minotaur at the exact same time-thus, they could be linked in Bell's subconcious.
- The Minotaur is The Dreaded and an unstoppable foe to all but elite adventurers. Aiz defeats the Minotaur without a word while Bell becomes the Tomato Boy. This would inevitably lead Bell to fear that he could not close the gap between them.
- Adding onto this, Bell's encounter with the Minotaur was the primary topic of conversation when Bete began mocking Bell. This was enough to make Bell go on an Unstoppable Rage throughout the Dungeon, indicating that he was not completely pure.
- He was deeply afraid of the Minotaur: Freya knew as much, which was why she sent the Minotaur after him in the first place. In other words, Bell would hesitate upon realizing that he would need to be able to slay a minotaur by himself in order to marry Aiz. This leads on to my second point...
- Makoto, the Japanese concept which means "pure soul", is defined as "a mind free of distractions, unnecessary thoughts, doubts, and loyalty" according to TVTropes. Once Bell defeats the minotaur, Bell's soul is "completely clean". Freya notes that "the boy only had one thing on his mind."
- It's probably not quite as strict as that since the various adventurers who specialise in crafting like the smiths of Hephaestus and Gobinu Familia are expected to use at least some of their abilities in their crafting job. More likely is that the Guild (which not only governs Adventurers but actually rules Orario places penalties on Adventurers recklessly using their strength or speed in public where non-Adventurers might get hurt.
- Volume 5 of the Side Story introduces an alternate way for Aiz to be connected to Aria. If a Spirit shares their blood with a mortal, that mortal and their descendants gain special abilities. This is how the Crozzo family gained their ability to create such power magic swords. So it is possible for Aiz to be descended from Aria in a sense if Aria shared her blood with one of Aiz's ancestors.
- Mord Latro, as he is among the Hestia Familia's most avid supporters even when accusations were leveled at them in the Xenos arc.
- Ryuu Lion, if her situation even allows it.
- Tiona Hirute, probably is Bell's biggest supporter in the Loki Familia other than Aiz herself.