- Completely Different Title: The series is known as ¿Qué tiene de malo intentar ligar en una mazmorra? (What's Wrong with Trying to Flirt in a Dungeon?) in Spain. In Latin America, it was named as DanMachi: ¿Está mal seducir chicas en un calabozo? (DanMachi: It Is Wrong to Seduce Girls in a Dungeon?)
- Darkhorse Casting: Big time in the Latin American Spanish dub: Since the dub was done in collaboration between a professional voice acting studio in Chile (MOVC) and a voice acting academy in Argentina (Hispano Language Advisory), most of the voice actors from the Argentinian side are newcomers, while the Chilean side are voiced by professionals actors instead. This is especially more evident with the both leads, as Bell's voice actor (Diego Santos) is an Argentinian voice actor with no previous roles whatsoever, while Hestia's Chilean one (Lucía Suárez) is an experienced veteran with many roles under her belt, including Harley Quinn and Sweetie.
- Development Gag: Episode 13's title Familia Myth was the working title for the series. It's still displayed in all title cards if you're watching the most common fansub.
- Directed by Cast Member: In the Latin American Spanish dub, Aldo Lumbia is the ADR director as well as the voice actor for Mord Latro and Canoe Belway.
- Fan Nickname:
- Hestia is often called Oppai Loli (virtually Loli-Boobs) by the fanbase.
- It is pretty much her In-Series Nickname as well, so punny ones like "Chestia" or "Breastia" would fit Fan Nickname more.
- The overtly long title earned the franchise the moniker Dungeons and Dating.
- "Dumb Bell/Baka-Bell" on account of the fact he's constantly annoying Hestia with his obliviousness into calling him an idiot.
- "Barefoot Waifu" for Hestia, on account of the fact she's cute and habitually unshod.
- International Coproduction: The Latin American Spanish dub was dubbed at Hispano Language Advisory in Argentina and Movc in Chile. The additional voices were provided by students from Córdoba's Academia de Doblaje, also based in Argentina.
- Milestone Celebration:
- The anime marked the 10th anniversary of SB Creative's GA Bunko label along with Haiyore! Nyarko-san, Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Hundred, and Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle.
- The mobile game adaptation Memoria Freese celebrated its 1st anniversary in June 2018. This update added a massive game-exclusive storyline called Grand Day written by the original author, which delves into the lore behind the legendary "Three Quests".
- Portmanteau Series Nickname: DanMachi, from its Japanese title of Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- In the Original Japanese version:
- In the English dub:
- Working Title: The author first released the novel online under this title. However, he sent it to the publisher under the title of Familia Myth, and the editor decided to use the original, online-novel title instead.
Trivia / Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?