Starstruck Love is a romance visual novel made by Arithmetic.
Hatsuka has endured a great tragedy in her life. Her parents both died in a car crash and she's left with a serious debt left by her father. A neighbor and close friend of the family, Toji Jonouchi, decides to take her in and pay off her father's debt. To make it up to him, she decides to become a pop star. With her decision made, she's pursued by her three adoptive brothers and another local pop star. The closer she gets to one of these handsome young men, the more she senses something sinister brewing between them.
As of September 2017, services for Starstruck Love have been terminated. The app is no longer playable or downloadable.
Starstruck Love contains examples of:
- Brother–Sister Incest: Downplayed. The player is the Jonouchi brothers' adoptive sister and she can choose to engage in this.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Ryo's fan girls and Karen are this. They have a strong obsession for the guy they "love" and can't stand seeing another girl near him. It doesn't matter if said girl is his coworker or an old friend.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: All four guys will display a certain level of possessiveness towards the player during each route.
- When the heroine jokes about Ryo and her dating, Ryusei becomes unnaturally jealous and threats to make him "disappear" if that were true.
- Shion's route has him becomes more irrational and think that just about everyone wants to steal her away from him. While he's right to assume that Ryo wants the heroine, not everyone wants to take her away from him.
- Downer Ending: The Extreme Love Ends end with your selected love interest either killing someone he thinks is an obstacle or killing you to prevent you from leaving him.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: If you look closely, you see the boys' eyes lose their sparkle.
- Karen, a Yandere for Toma, has this happen to her when she openly tries to get rid of the heroine.
- Green-Eyed Monster: In the Ryusei/Ryo route, one of Ryo's fan girls attempts to stab the heroine out of jealousy. However, Ryo stepped in and protected her from the knife.
- Guide Dang It!: It's sometimes difficult to identify which choices will provide the most points for each route. You can look up walkthroughs, which will show you the point value of each choice.
- If I Can't Have You…: The Extreme Love End may result in the player being killed by the love interest. For example, Shion's Extreme Love results in him strangling the player when she tries to escape.
- Love Triangle: There are two routes available and they're both love triangles. One of them is specifically a Sibling Triangle.
- Microtransactions: The game is free to download, but you can obtain platinum, a premium form of cash, to achieve special scenarios and items. To get platinum, you can either earn it by completing tasks, some which involve spending money, or just buying a certain amount of platinum.
- Multiple Endings: Each boy has three endings available. If the your chic and affection levels are high, you will get the Deep Love End where you and your guy live happily ever after together. If the your chic level is high, but your affection is low, you will get the Crazed Love End. If both are low, you will get the Extreme Love End where your guy goes full Yandere and either kills you, someone else or makes you his sex slave for the rest of your life.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: If the love interest doesn't pull an If I Can't Have You… on the heroine, he may do this to someone who he may perceive as a threat.
- Some random NPC's or Karen will try to do this to the heroine out of jealousy.
- Not Good with Rejection: The Extreme Love Ends may result in the love interest reacting violently to the heroine rejecting him (or him thinking that she's rejecting him).
- Psychotic Love Triangle: The two routes will provide the heroine with two men who come with their own sets of issues.
- Yandere: The main theme of this novel is that just about everyone (save for the heroine and two supporting characters) are in love with someone and are willing to do anything for them, even if it means killing for or imprisoning the objection of their affections.
- All of the love interests have feelings for the heroine, but certain events cause him to become insanely jealous, paranoid, obsessive and possessive towards her. Extreme Love End has him go off the deep end and he does something to ensure that they stay together forever.
- Karen turns out to be one for Toma. She has such a strong obsession with him that she joined Chateau Entertainment just to be near him. When her attempts to win over Toma's affections fail, she assumes that the heroine is trying to steal Toma from her and tries to kill her. She's so delusional that when Toma calls her out on her actions, she attempts to justify her actions were by saying that the heroine failed to hook her up with Toma when it was more of Toma not expressing any interest in her.