Vixen is a 1988 platform sidescroller for the Commodore Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, and IBM PC.
You play as the Vixen, the last human on the planet Granath, which is now ruled by a race of dinosaurs. Abandoned as a child and raised by magical foxes, she intends to follow through on a promise she made to her elders to wipe the dinosaurs out and restore the planet to humanity.
Not to be confused with the DC comics character Vixen
This Video Game contains examples of:
- Foxy Vixen: The protagonist is a werefox whose human form is Ms. Fanservice.
- Ms. Fanservice: A lot of the publicity for the game revolved around its cover, which featured glamour model Corinne Russell in a skimpy Fur Bikini.
- Market-Based Title: In German-speaking countries, the game was given the alternative title She-Fox. This is because "Vixen" is pronounced the same as "wichsen", which is German for "to jerk off".
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: If Vixen gets hit once, she dies.
- Super Drowning Skills: Vixen drowns if she falls in water.
- Whip It Good: Vixen uses a whip as her weapon.
- A Winner Is You: A very bad version. Completing twenty four levels gets you a "Now Entering Level 25" message then the game abruptly ends and you go to the high score table without so much as "The End" message.