Titan Lunch Retaliation is a Launcher game made by Berzerk Studios.
The story is pretty much an excuse for you to go on a monster genocide. One day, an anonymous Greek warrior is about to have lunch, when a monster comes and steals said lunch from his hands. Enraged, the warrior decides to jump down a mountain and glide towards any monster he can find, brutally slaughtering any he can lay his hands on, no matter how big it is.
To this end, the warrior has a sword (To kill monsters) and a grappling hook (To grab the monsters when he's gliding towards them). Everything from doing the initial jump to throwing the grappling hook is done with a single button. As you glide a certain distance, boss monsters appear, which require a number of timed button presses to slay. As you kill monsters and do repeated gliding rampages, you earn money with which to upgrade the warrior's equipment to ease his Roaring Rampage of Revenge.
This game provides examples of:
- Badass Cape: that lets you glide for longer.
- Captain Ersatz: It's quite hard to not look at the premise of the game and not think that the warrior is probably this to Kratos.
- Comedic Sociopathy
- Cool Helmet
- Cool Sword
- Disproportionate Retribution: 'That monster has stolen my lunch! That's it! All monsters will DIE HORRIBLY!'
- Harping on About Harpies: One of the kinds of monster is harpies.
- Hey, It's That Sound!: Players of The Breach will be happy to hear the red demons dying, as it uses the same sound as one of the exploding bugs.
- Lost Food Grievance: Don't steal the Warrior's food.
- Oculothorax: The first enemy is a floating eyeball.
- Ominous Greek Chanting: What starts playing right after you jump into the fray.
- Press X to Not Die: When grappled to one of the boss monsters, you have to time your button presses so that the arrow is on the green area. If you fail, or take too much time, you are instantly released, and lose a lot of speed, making grappling again difficult.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Having his food stolen drives the warrior to this.
- Testosterone Poisoning: A muscular man with a cool-looking sword and a Badass Cape jumping from monster to monster, tearing them to shreds at the sound of Ominous Chanting? All because his lunch has been stolen? Lots of points to qualify for this.
- Video Game Cruelty Potential: The monsters have done nothing to deserve this mass murder at the hands of the player character, other than taking away his lunch.