Summit is a game about a dwarf reaching the summit of a mountain in order to find a cure for his ill father. In order to do this, he'll have to collect strange fruit, contend with the icy terrain of the mountain, and overcome his fears.Takes place in the same world as Endeavor, and may be a prequel. Was made in 48 hours for a Ludum Dare competition.
This game contains examples of:
- Accidental Aiming Skills: Falling off of a higher ledge can result in landing on an endurance fruit the player didn't even realize was there.
- But Thou Must!: You can reach the far eastern side of the mountain, but the screen won't allow you to explore beyond that point.
- Death Mountain: The setting of the game. If you stand still, the icy winds will slowly blow you to the right., so may the gods have mercy on you if you're distracted from your screen for too long.
- Easter Egg: A snowy tiger that was unreachable in Endeavor can be reached in this game.
- Excuse Plot: The sickness of the main character's father allows the hero to go on his daring journey.
- Falling Damage: Averted, no matter how long your fall is, you will recover within a few seconds.
- Find the Cure!: The Rose of T'maion.
- Healing Herb: The rose.
- Instant 180-Degree Turn: See Jump Physics.
- It's All Upstairs from Here: The entire point of the game is to reach the summit of a mountain.
- Jump Physics: The main character can turn directions in mid-air, and is able to survive a fall from any height.
- Magic Antidote: The Healing Herb works instantly.
- Player Characters: The dwarf.
- Power-Up Food: The endurance fruit.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: The mountain.
- Trial-and-Error Gameplay: Some of the endurance fruit can only be reached by falling off of a higher ledge. It can take multiple tries to hit your mark.