Swords & Souls is an Adobe Flash video game developed by Soul Game and published by Armor Games in 2015. In it, you play as a Soul who has to fight in the arena and beat 30 battles. But to do so, he must train with Sir Scarow the training dummy, upgrade his house, and improve the in-game museum so it gives him profits.
A sequel was released in 2019, titled Swords & Souls: Neverseen.
This game provides examples of:
- Absurdly High Level Cap: The True Final Boss can be safely beaten at level 120. Comments by hackers indicate that the maximum level is at least 20306. Let's just say that grinding to such a point would be a frustrating task, especially with a quickly increasing level curve.
- Anti Poop-Socking: The museum produces money even when you're offline, which encourages taking a break.
- Boss-Only Level: The True Final Boss gets a separate level consisting only of a battle against him.
- Character Customisation: You can change the hero's hairstyle, eye type, facial hair, and hair/facial hair color.
- Cooldown: After using a skill in the arena, some time must pass before it's usable again. The wait time can be shortened with the Impatient talent.
- Five-Second Foreshadowing: The icon for the level of the True Final Boss is a top hat, the same one that Scarow wears. He ends up being the final opponent.
- Improbable Weapon User: The playable character can use a rubber duck as a ranged weapon and it's surprisingly powerful.
- King Mook: Bosses are larger, stronger versions of regular foes, with "King" added before their name and a crown.
- Non-Combat EXP: EXP can be received not just by fighting in the arena, but also by training and occasionally by giving clovers to the museum mushroom.
- Skill Point Reset: Skills and talents can be reset at any point for free.
- Status Effects: There's Poison (lowers HP each turn based on your Melee damage) and Stun (disables actions).
- Training Dummy: Sir Scarow is a scarecrow you use to train and the Critical minigame involves hitting him, but he can't die.
- True Final Boss: The last regular opponent is King Golden Rogue, who is fought in level 30. The true final boss, Sir Scarow, can only be fought after finishing 25 waves in endless mode.
- Worthy Opponent: After beating him in the final battle, Sir Scarow admits that you've come a long way since level 1 and that he's proud of you.