Super Press Space to Win Action RPG 2009 is a Flash game that, much like Linear RPG, attempts to get to the heart of what really makes an "RPG".
It is playable on Newgrounds online.
See also Dot Dot Dot.
Super Press Space To Win Action RPG 2009 contains examples of the following:
- Anticlimax Boss: Intentional. As Axman13 put it: "There is no way you can lose to the boss at the end!"
- Big Damn Heroes: The Rival.
- Blade Run: You get to do this to the king, striking at his chest while standing on the blunt edge of his sword.
- Blob Monster: Slime
- Deconstruction Game
- Deconstructive Parody
- Dem Bones: You'll have to fight a skeleton at one point, who's immune to physical attacks.
- Desperation Attack: You pull out one against the ambushing enemies.
- Doomed Hometown: Played With; it's the second town that is doomed.
- The Dragon: The rival is this.
- Dual Boss: The second battle is an ambush against one foe on each side.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: The plot of the game.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: It's an action RPG made in 2009 where you press space to win. Only the "super" part is debatable.
- Groin Attack: The player, while on the ground, strikes at the king's crotch.
- He Knows About Timed Hits: The game has a playable tutorial, even considering you only use a single button.
- HeelFace Turn: The rival.
- Heroic Sacrifice: The rival, possibly overlapping with Redemption Equals Death.
- Infinity +1 Sword: The golden sword.
- Inn Security: While you're sleeping, the town gets attacked. Unlike most examples, you have to pay for the inn.
- Large Ham: The King. "PREPARE TO PERISH, FOOLISH MORTAL!"
- Limit Break: Two of them.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: The rival is your brother.
- Magic Knight: You can throw fireballs and poke people with a sword.
- One Stat to Rule Them All: Parodied. Strength is the only stat that can be raised at all, and it's maxed out the first time you gain a level.
- One-Winged Angel: The King.
- Power Gives You Wings: The King's second form has them. Whatever benefit they have is unclear, since you effortlessly defeat him.
- Prepare to Die
- Press X to Not Die: The first battle against the purple dude.
- Quick Time Event: Multiple.
- The game claims to be inspired by God of War.
- The Rival: The purple dude.
- Sword of Plot Advancement: The golden sword, which teaches you magic.
- Tin Tyrant: The King is clad in a suit of blue armor, which turns red when he assumes his One-Winged Angel form.
- Universal Poison: You get poisoned at one point. Downplayed because it's one type of poison, although the potion you conveniently have on hand cures it.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: You never do find the princess.
- Who Dares?: The King says that.