"Born and bred a warrior, Samurai Jack is thrust into the future by his nemesis Aku. In his travels, Jack learns of a time portal that can reunite him with his ancient ancestors. Now he must battle Aku's minions across burning villages, massive forests, and the bustling Aku City to find the portal!"
— Back of the case
Tropes back, back in this game include:
- 100% Completion: Rescuing all of the villagers and obtaining all the relics makes the game complete.
- Big Damn Heroes: Right when Aku has Jack at his mercy, the Scotsman flies in on a plane, blows a hole in Aku's base and flies Jack out.
- Big "NO!": Aku lets one out in the ending after Jack and the Scotsman escape from his base.
- Bittersweet Ending: As with other plots from the franchise, Jack failed but did it with the help of friends.
- Bullet Time: Jack can go through Zakai Mode by slowing down time to a crawl.
- The Bus Came Back:
- Exdor from "Jack versus the Ultra-Bots" returns in this game.
- Mad Jack returns in this game.
- Excuse Plot: Jack has another attempt to get back to his timeline, but he fails yet again.
- Exposition Fairy: The voice of the Emperor.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Aku has made brainwashing video games at Aku City, with Jack wondering what video games are.
- Series Continuity Error:
- Jack's father outright calls him Jack in the tutorial text, despite that not actually being his real name but something he went with in the future.
- Aku doesn't recognize the Scotsman in the ending, even though in the series itself Aku personally put a bounty on him. From a Watsonian viewpoint, this is arguably in-character.