Although the PS2 version never came to America, the Wii version got universally panned for its terrible controls and short game content, and gained notoriety for being one of many games made by the company that are just reskins of each other (including Anubis II, Myth Makers: Trixie In Toyland, Rock 'n' Roll Adventures and Casper and the Ghostly Trio.) Despite this, a Europe-only sequel was announced. It appears work on it never got off the ground, and given that DDI disappeared in 2009, it's likely that the sequel is dead.
This game contains examples of:
- A Winner Is You: If you beat the game it goes black for a few seconds before going back to the title screen. Seriously.
- Badass Adorable: Or at least that's what they tried to do for the main character.
- Camera Screw: A lot of the difficulty in this game is caused by the faulty camera.
- Expy: The engine was used for other DDI games later on.
- Fake Difficulty: The overall difficulty comes from the game's poor controls, bad camera and borderline useless weapons.
- Game-Breaking Bug: In the PC version, at least, there is one platform in the first level that breaks the game completely. When you jump on it, the character suddenly disappears and you have no choice but to restart the level. And even then, this doesn't fix it — it corrupts the game with you falling through the ground endlessly, which can only be fixed by exiting and re-entering the level.
- Level Ate: Pretty much the setting of the whole game.
- No Ending: Once you beat the third level, that's all there is.
- Obvious Beta: Or even more an alpha as even some pre-alpha games are better like this one here.
- Recycled Soundtrack: DDI was fond of reusing the same music throughout their games. For instance, the same song from the tutorial also shows up in the tutorial levels of Anubis II, Trixie in Toyland, and Billy the Wizard* . While not a bad song per se, it never sounds like it fits well in any game.
- Self-Plagiarism: DDI's other games (Trixie in Toyland, Anubis II, Rock 'n' Roll Adventures, Casper and the Ghostly trio) are literally all reskins of this game. All five share the same HUD, and even some of the same music!
- You Shouldn't Know This Already: In the tutorial level, your ninja stars are ineffective against the practice dummy cupcakes as you haven't "learned" how to use ninja stars yet.