Narita Boy is a 2D retro-pixel style action-adventure game developed by Studio Koba and published by Team17, released on the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on March 30, 2021. Set in The Digital Kingdom, player control the titular Narita Boy, exploring the kingdom and traversing the three Houses of the Trichroma.
- The '80s: Very prominently on display from the early Apple-esque computers created by Lionel to the clothing and culture seen in the more recent flashbacks.
- And the Adventure Continues: Narita Boy defeats HIM, but the Big Bad survives his defeat and flees into the real world. And while Lionel/the Creator's memories are restored and the Stallions forces are deleted from the Digital Kingdom, HIM is still out there and attacks Narita Boy's house. Narita Boy and Lionel then team up to track him down, with the credits ending with To Be Continued...
- And You Were There: The Digital Kingdom is implied to be based on Lionel's memories and emotion, as revealed by the Motherboard taking the form of Lionel's mom. Even so, it isn't a dream, as HIM is very much real and once influenced the man into starting a cult worshiping him and his forces in the past, and later on, steals his memories and escapes the Digital Kingdom to take over Earth.
- Big Bad: HIM, leader of the Stallions, who steals Lionel/the Creator's memories to take control of the Digital Kingdom with plans on invading Earth.
- The Chosen One: Unlocking the first memory (by finding all the disk fragments) reveals that Lionel's mother knew he was the Creator before he was even born.
- Cult: Consumed by the HIM's influence, Lionel at one point created a cult worshipping HIM and the Stallions.
- Expressive Health Bar: Boss health is expressed as a beating heart at the bottom right corner. As the boss takes damage, it starts to beats faster and begins to bleed, with the heart exploding as the boss is defeated.
- Hermit Guru: After leaving home, Lionel apparently spent some time alone meditating in the wilderness. Meeting his future wife led him back to society.
- The Hero: Narita Boy, the hero destined to save both the Creator and the Digital Kingdom and defeat the Stallions.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Lionel's memories reveal that Narita Boy is in fact the son of Lionel, who left with his mother when Lionel became consumed by his work.
- Protagonist Title: Both in terms of the actual game and In-Universe. It was in fact invoked by Lionel, in order to create a hero to fight back against HIM and his Stallions by giving his son the very first Narita One console and Narita Boy game to prepare him for the fight.
- Title Scream: The game's title is shouted at the title screen. "Narita BOOOOOY!"
- Warm-Up Boss: Lord VHS is the first boss battle of the game, and he only has one attack that is both easily telegraphed and avoided.