Moving Out is a physics-based puzzle game developed by Team17 that brings a whole new meaning to the term "couch co-op". Released on April 28, 2020 for Steam, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, and Xbox One the game has you take on the roll of one to four new employees of Smooth Moves to become Furniture Arrangement & Relocation Technicians and help the residents of the town of Packmore...move out! The players can use whatever moves are needed to help pack objects even if it means breaking the rules and making a mess.
We're packing and moving out these Tropes!:
- Fun with Acronyms: Employees of Smooth Moves are called Furniture Arrangement & Relocation Technicians.
- Lampshade Hanging: In Packmore River the game reminds you that (even though the stage is based off of Frogger) there are no extra lives, except those of employees that would replace you should you be killed on the job.
- Painting the Medium: Smooth Moves' company training video is from the company's founding in 1982 and is seen playing on an old VHS tape, in fact they taped over somebody's wedding video when they made it.
- During the Mandatory Training level, when the player is taught how to deal with ghosts the voiceover from the company training video shouts phrases like "Don't cross the beams", "Who you gonna call?" and "I ain't afraid of no ghosts!"
- Packmore River is clearly a reference to Frogger because it is the same in layout.
- Super Drowning Skills: Falling into water instantly kills the player, forcing them to respawn.
- Wreaking Havok: You can be as careless and reckless as you want when picking up and moving items. You get extra points for shooting boxes like a basketball and for breaking windows.