Created by ThrillDaWill, Mr. Krabs Overdoses on Ketamine is a SpongeBob SquarePants parody fangame. You play as Mr. Krabs, delivering drugs to his friends and other Bikini Bottom residents, as well as doing increasingly violent and hilarious things. A dark parody of its source material, Krabs will "fight tooth and nail in order to make ends meet for (his) crippling ketamine addiction." The game can be downloaded here.
Mr. Krabs Overdoses On Ketamine Contains Examples Of:
- Adaptational Villainy: In the original series, Mr. Krabs was a greedy but overall well-meaning boss of the Krusty Krab. Here, he is not only a ketamine user/dealer that enables his friends bad drug habits, but an active serial killer, murdering four citizens and Plankton, all of which was done for kicks.
- Patrick, a very dumb but sweet starfish in the original show, is the one to encourage you to murder others just because he sees it as more thrilling than doing drugs, with the implication that he is also a murderer.
- While not completely intelligible, Sandy is the one to tell you to kill Plankton.
- Squidward is now a ketamine dealer, with the strong implication that all of his friends' newfound addictions are due to him selling drugs to them, and isn't afraid to send Krabs as reinforcement, which is far worse than anything he does in canon.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: Plankton, despite being your final victim, never actually does anything outright harmful to you that impeded Krabs' addiction, and he's far nicer than you'd expect him to be. Hell, he doesn't even fight you before you kill him. Granted, he is brainwashing citizens with bucket helmets, which is in line with his characterization as the original show's Big Bad, but compared to everyone else he looks much better.
- Addled Addict: SpongeBob and Patrick. SpongeBob has the five o' clock shadow and red eyes similar to his appearance in the movie where he eats too much ice cream (which was already analogous of being drunk anyways). Patrick looks even more horrific, with a giant gaping mouth with missing teeth, red dilated eyes, and dry skin. Both of them are also more morose and desperate than in canon; SpongeBob seems depressed and desperately peddles Krabs for more drugs, and only becomes more coherent and useful once you give him some. Patrick, by contrast, is outwardly aggressive, sickly and violent, and seems desperate enough for a high as to become a murderer.
- Addiction-Powered: Krabs is able to gain super speed by taking a hit of ketamine.
- Axe-Crazy: Patrick outright tells you that killing someone gives a stronger high than ketamine could give, implying that he's done it before.Patrick: You need to get on that new shit! TAKE A MAN'S LIFE! (coughs)
- Corpsing: Plankton's voice actor laughs after he says his second (and last) line.
- Darker and Edgier: Parodied. This game takes a children's show with its own plethora of infamous dirty jokes into what amounts to a GTA clone: nearly every character has become a ketamine addict, and given their grotesque appearance, SpongeBob and Patrick are suffering the consequences of addiction the worst, with their personalities becoming worse along with it. Krabs, while not as outwardly deformed as the other two, is implied to be slowly dying from his addiction, and murders four civilians purely for the sake of a thrill. Squidward is a ketamine dealer, and sells it to Sandy, who orders Krabs to murder Plankton. Plankton seems to have brainwashed a large number of residents, which is ironically rather milquetoast compared to everyone else.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Weirdly enough, averted with the title. Krabs doesn't die at the end of the game. Even when he gets killed while you're traversing Bikini Bottom, it's decidedly not due to an overdose.
- Functional Addict: Both Sandy and Krabs are addicted to ketamine, but unlike SpongeBob and Patrick, don't look physically different than they usually do, and seem to be able to interact normally (Outside of Sandy's chipmunk speak). Granted, considering the title, it's likely Krabs won't stay that way for long after the end of the game.
- Helium Speech: Exaggerated with Sandy. Her voice is so high pitched and sped up that it's impossible to understand her without subtitles.
- Police Are Useless: You can see a few walking around town, but they don't do anything if they catch you beating or murdering up a civilian or stealing a car.
- Power-Up: Ketamine can be used to gain a brief boost of speed. Somehow, it even makes your vehicle faster.
- Russian Roulette: Parodied. Plankton, instead of fighting you, tells you to flip a coin to decide his fate. You have no choice but to click it to progress, and when you do, there is a 50/50 chance of the game either shutting down, which forces you to start over, or Plankton immediately exploding, which kills him.
- The Unintelligible: Sandy's voice is sped up so fast that she can't be understood. She has subtitles, but those also go flying around the screen too fast for most players to read.