Kung Food is a Beat 'em Up video game for the Atari Lynx released in 1992. In it, you play as a researcher at the Top Secret Odnet Videogames Center. Thanks to experiments, you discover rynoleum, a compound that deforms all life it touches. You discover that Odnet plans to use rynoleum in the next game, risking potentially millions of lives. You decide to stop them by breaking in and taking the rynoleum home. Unfortunately, as the freezer door where the rynoleum was stored has been left ajar, it takes over you and turns you into a little green man. Now you have to beat 7 levels that all take place in your house while fighting the rogue food and getting to your goal in time.
This game provides examples of:
- Airborne Mook: The apples are common enemies in later levels that can fly, thanks to their propellers. They also spit at you.
- Anthropomorphic Food: Most enemies are pieces of food with eyes and occasionally limbs.
- Blob Monster: Slime-esque blobs thaat spit at you appear in level 4.
- Hand-or-Object Underwear: At the end, your character only wears a leaf, which falls off and he covers it with his hand, walking slowly to the side.
- Heroic Build: The main character of the game who has defined muscles.
- Invincibility Power-Up: A power-up can turn your character into a special blobby form that doesn't take any damage and kills anything it touches.
- It Came from the Fridge: The game's based around this trope the player is a scientist who's been mutated by chemicals in his fridge into a two-inch-tall green humanoid, who must battle past sentient leftovers to escape the refrigerator and return himself back to normal.
- Macro Zone: Since you are so small, the game taken place in the house, with you being on par with rats and pieces of food in size.
- Mook Maker: There are enemies which spawn other enemies, like weird cone things in level 2 that spawn carrots.
- Pun-Based Title: The title is a pun based on the martial art of kung-fu.
- Sequel Hook: The game's ending asks "But what will Odnet try next?"
- Stripped to the Bone: The game over screen shows displays your character's skin falling off and skeleton intact (at least he has time to stand as a skeleton before falling apart).
- Timed Mission: Each level must be cleared within a certain time limit, otherwise the rynoleum takes over and kills everything.
- The Very Definitely Final Dungeon: Level 7, the outside. It's outside of the kitchen, has a black sky, the game even calls it the final level.