In a world much like our own, numerous troubling incidents occur all over the planet. People known as Native Alters with strange powers instigate anti-social acts. Monstrous creatures called Orphan are meddling in human society. Equally monstrous beings known as Chiropterans cause a rash of vampire-related murders, and several resurrected historical figures attack the U.S. Library of Congress. In order to counter all of the above, several organizations rise up to fend off these threats and maintain peace and order: Holy, HiME, Red Shield, and the Special Operations Division of the British Library.
Meanwhile, the dimensional walls around the world of Adloaz have collapsed, and all kinds of monsters have started to appear across the world. Fortunately, the fall of the dimensional walls also ushered in a band of heroes: Orphen, Louie, and Lina Inverse.
And elsewhere, a group of frog-shaped aliens have been sent here from planet Keron to perform a reconnaissance of our planet, and if possible, conquer it.
Heroes Phantasia is a Massive Multiplayer Crossover RPG by Banprestonote , released on January 19, 2012 for the PlayStation Portable that bands together numerous characters from Sorcerer Stabber Orphen, Read or Die, Rune Soldier Louie, Blood+, Slayers Revolution, Mai-HiME, Darker Than Black and Sgt. Frog, along with several original characters created specifically for this game, in a plot to (What else?) Save Both Worlds.
Heroes Phantasia contains examples of:
- All There in the Manual: Some of the story details are revealed via press releases and from the official website.
- Fish out of Water: For the Adloaz-based characters when they show in their real world. Justified that the two world operate differently in terms of how everyday life is done.
- Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Obviously...
- Original Generation: Quite a few, as is the norm for a Banpresto game. On the side of good, we have the two main characters (male MC Eiji Watari and female MC Shinobu Fudou) and their partner Micchi, Micchi's dad who runs S.I.R. (the agency that the main characters work for), Princess Soun Selish, and the mage Ryudock. On the side of evil we have Big Bad Arvin, as well as his subordinates - the Magic Knight Red Hugh Organdy, and Arvin's personal mage, Aptorio.
- Save Both Worlds: Both the real world and Adloaz are threatened by Arvin and his allies.
- Who You Gonna Call?: Holy, HiME, Red Shield, and the Special Operations Division come to mind, but the agency bringing them together is the Sawada International Research or SIR, a private intelligence risk consultancy company.