Hide 'n' Seek: Battle Monster Tactics or Kakurenbonote : Battle Monster Tactics is a Strategy RPG game, developed by Spiral and released in 2000 for the Game Boy Color.
There, you take on the role of a monster hunter named Kabin, and team up with fellow monster hunters Kaen and Tarren in order to cleanse the neighboring kingdom of monsters.
This game provides examples of:
- Betting Mini-Game: Slot machines in a casino on B4 that will let you win Jewels sometimes.
- Critical Hit: Taren's natural skill is capable of having increased attack.
- Early-Bird Boss Kratora, not even the Target Monster of B1, has high HP to go with his Fire element that can easily threaten Kevin—which makes it hilarious that the floor's Target Monster, Wyneck, is weaker and is only accompanied by an easily killed Marlinger.
- Fake King: It explains King Klein's evil look.
- Fog of War: The premise of this game.
- Glass Cannon: Goum, but subverted a bit in that damage attacks on his front are reduced even further by the direction multiplier, and he has so much HP to work with.
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: The Montacs, which you get for defeating the different types of monsters, along with the individual monster types' moves.
- He Knows About Timed Hits: Although some players may have trouble learning how to play through the game anyway, every time you start over you have to deal with Toppy telling you.
- The Mentor: Gunter who joins if you clear the secret doors of B6.
- Puzzle Boss: Hemataitos, one of the B7 Target Monsters, whom you defeat by using Bombs.
- The Rival: Ryan but he joins when Klein gets in the way of the tournament.
- Warmup Boss: Nightmare, the first monster you fight in Fog of War.
- We Cannot Go On Without You And we cannot let the enemy kill their own leader, either.