You play as a teddy bear, exploring your owner's house during the night and making preparations so he can take you to the Teddy Bear Picnic tomorrow.
Contains examples of:
- Added Alliterative Appeal: Tasks completed in the score breakdown are described alliteratively.
- Anti-Frustration Features: The inventory system takes after Curses, swapping items between your paws and your pockets as needed.
- Author Avatar: David, your sleeping owner, is also the author of the game.
- Developers' Foresight: In Curses, you can get a game over on the first move by exiting the attic. If you try to do this in the Game Within a Game, it will make note of this, saying that despite this appalling error, you still manage to finish the game.
- Game Within a Game: You can play games on the computer. Well, you can start a game — after making any move, it will just tell you how you successfully play through and complete the game.
- Hint System: It gives you progressively bigger hints to problems.
- Living Toys: Yourself.
- Pun: If you try to remove your night shirt:Why change the habit of a lifetime?
- To the song "Teddy Bears' Picnic", of course.
- The game disks that can be found and played are Curses, Dungeon, and Adventureland.
- The TV commercial references Zork, A Change in the Weather, and Colossal Cave.
- Searching the pile of papers in the study can yield some references to other games: e.g. a tourist map of Paris, a thing David's aunt gave him that he doesn't know what it is, a police dossier on Carmen Sandiego, a blueprint for the Chron-O-John, a map of Rockvil, South Dakota, a scroll labeled 'FROTZ', a soup can labelled with the letter 'Y', an application form for Stellar Patrol, a poster of Commander Borf, and a walkthrough for the game Freefall
- The stamp is a tribute to Don Woods, one of the creators of Colossal Cave.
- Time Capsule: One can be found from 1982.
- Videogame Caring Potential: You can pet Holly the cat, which will net you a point for "kindness to kittens" the first time you do it. In fact, it serves a practical purpose in making her fall asleep.