- Cowboy BeBop at His Computer: Both the reviews of Hanna-Barbera crossover specials Yogi's First Christmas and Casper's First Christmas call Augie Doggie's father "Augie Daddy" when from day one Augie's "dear ol' dad" has always been called Doggie Daddy.
- Dear Negative Reader: Peter begins the review of Christopher The Christmas Tree by admitting that he found the special boring when he first saw it, and only wrote a review because many of his readers demanded it. Anticipating comments calling the review as dull as the special itself (which he previously received after giving in to requests to cover Santa and the Three Bears), he warns readers that "if you hate what you're about to read, it's your own fault."
- Schedule Slip: Peter's review of Lady Gaga & The Muppets' Holiday Spectacular didn't appear on Platypus Comix until mid-January 2016. He blames the delay on him actually liking the special, which he was expecting to bash shamelessly. As an additional consequence, as he notes, the review came out very shortly after Gaga controversially won a Golden Globe for American Horror Story: Hotel, then adds, "if I had the foresight to know the timing would have been this bad, I would have skipped Christmas and New Year's and just spent the entire week banging on the keys."
- Screwed by the Lawyers: The last video in the review of Siskel & Ebert's Holiday Video Gift Guide disappeared in 2015, after a claim on the music, depriving anyone who read the review afterwards from the sight of Siskel inserted into a Lady Lovelylocks cartoon.
- What Could Have Been: Peter initially announced on the Toonzone forums that as a Milestone Celebration, the 50th review would cover a special selected by the readers, but as he explained in the actual article, no one had an idea on what to cover, so Peter almost dropped the whole Milestone Celebration thing until he discovered Siskel & Ebert's Holiday Video Gift Guide in his father's own collection, and made it the subject of the review.
Trivia / The Island of Misfit Christmas Specials