- AFI's 100 Years... 100 Cheers: #50
- Cast the Expert: George "the Iceman" Woolf is played by Gary Stevens: a Living Legend, Kentucky Derby-winning, Hall of Fame jockey. Stevens retired from race riding in 2005, but returned to the sport full time in 2013 and is still riding at the highest level as of June 2017.
- Dyeing for Your Art:
- Fake Nationality:
- Romance on the Set: Tobey Maguire met his jewelry designer wife on the set.
- Those Two Actors: Tobey Maguire and Elizabeth Banks are mainstays of the Spider-Man Trilogy (though the second film of the series was not yet released during this film's premiere).
- Troubled Production: Tobey Maguire injured his back during filming, which nearly cost him Spider-Man 2.
- Underage Casting: Chris Cooper had to be aged for his character to look the part. Because he was over 25 years younger than his character, Cooper's hair was whitened and his hairline was shaved back to show a widow's peak hairline. Cooper, despite being two years younger than Jeff Bridges, was made to appear older in contrast.
- What Could Have Been:
Trivia / Seabiscuit