- Actor Allusion
- In "Bite Me", Bridgette, watching Night of the Living Dead (1968), mentions a zombie movie marathon on TV, to which Joe responds "They're not running the one where everyone gets trapped in the mall, are they?" The one in question is Dawn of the Dead (1978), whose 2004 remake featured Jake Weber as Michael.
- Also, the first episode featuring Anjelica Huston as Cynthia Keener involves a dream where a young child has turned into a mouse — just like in The Witches, where she played the Grand High Witch.
- Channel Hop: NBC to CBS.
- Dueling Shows: With Ghost Whisperer while on NBC. When it hopped, it came on right after Ghost Whisperer on Friday nights.
- Fake American: Loads; Joe Dubois is played by British actor Jake Weber, Lee Scanlon is played by Canadian actor David Cubitt, and the list goes on.
- The Other Darrin: In the final season, they couldn't get the actor who originally played Allison's brother to come back, so they got Patricia Arquette's actual brother instead. Fitting, but a number of fans complained that he didn't look much like the original actor.
- Real-Life Relative: Patricia Arquette's then-husband Thomas Jane shows up as the ghost of Allison's old high school boyfriend; and in another episode, her sister Rosanna Arquette plays a murder suspect. Her brother David Arquette has also directed three episodes, and once filled in as her brother.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Ariel went to college because, well, her actress went to college. Surprisingly she claims more people recognize her from Eloise than Medium or My Sister's Keeper, where she had to shave off her hair to play a cancer patient.
- Star-Making Role: Ellen Hollman, in the episode "Will the Real Fred Rovick Please Stand Up", well, to viewers in the United Kingdom anyway.
- Too Soon: Part one of a plot involving a shooting at Joe's workplace aired the week before the Virginia Tech massacre and the Johnson Space Center shootings; the usual "Previously on..." segment was replaced with a note that "there's been enough shooting."
Trivia / Medium