- Ascended Meme: Some soldiers exclaim "Honey badger don't give a shit!" during the critters' attacks.
- Dueling Works: On consoles, this game competed with the next-gen versions of Grand Theft Auto V, both of them being open-world games released on the exact same day. On other platforms this was averted, the PS3/360 versions of GTAV predating FC4 by over a year and its PC port coming out five months afterward.
- Fake Nationality: Troy Baker, an American, voices Pagan Min, a half British Hong Kong Chinese criminal turned despotic warlord.
- Fake Brit: Yogi and Reggie, and by extension, their voice, actors, Chad Krowchuk and Bryce Hodgson qualify. The latter are from Vancouver; the former...anyone's guess.
- Naveen Andrews, although he's approximately the right ethnicity, he's an Englishman.
- Anglo-Canadian James A. Woods as Kyrati-American Ajay Ghale.
- What Could Have Been:
- Russian and South American settings for the game were considered before Ubisoft went with the Himalayas. Longinus hints at this after completing the last of his missions, suggesting South America as a possible next stop when asked where he'll go now that his work in Kyrat is done.
- Really early into pre-production, Ubisoft considered making Far Cry 4 a direct sequel to Far Cry 3, following Jason Brody (Far Cry 3's protagonist) ending up in another island setting. This idea was scrapped early on for feeling too much like a complete rehash of Far Cry 3.
Trivia / Far Cry 4