- Bad Export for You: Subverted with the American Limited Special Collector's Ultimate Edition. It is missing the European and Japanese versions' figurine of Agnés Oblige, but the figurine bumped up the price of those versions a lot, and after photos showing its face came out, several fans agreed that it was not worth the extra money.
- Casting Gag
- Rachel Robinson voices Holly Whyte who in the first world threatens to beat Agnés within an inch of her life and heal her, repeating the process until her mind breaks - the exact thing that happened to Fang (although she was saved before it went too far), one of Robinson's other characters.
- Michael Sinterniklaas voices Jackal, abandoned by his parents - in other words, an Orphan.
- Dawson Casting: Both played straight and averted with Victoria, depending on the dub: her English voice actress, Carrie Savage, is an adult, but her Japanese voice actress was eight years old at the time of the game's original release.
- Name's the Same: This is not the first time that Square has named a character "Edea".
- Network to the Rescue: Nintendo published the game outside of Japan.
- No Export for You: The vanilla version of the game was this, but thankfully the world got the Updated Re-release instead. However, many DLC outfits weren't released to the public. Same goes for the members website, which tracks Achievements for the game much like the Pokémon Global Link does for Pokémon's sixth generation.
- Remade for the Export: Bravely Default: For the Sequel, an Updated Re-release of the original game, is the game the rest of the world received.
- Sleeper Hit: Square Enix didn't expect the game to sell remarkably well, as it didn't have the Final Fantasy branding (despite essentially being a Final Fantasy game in all but name). It surprisingly became a worldwide million-seller (most of those sales notably from outside Japan), which has lead to its publisher rethinking its position on JRPGs worldwide.
- What Could Have Been: An early design plan kicked around was for Magnolia to be a Moon Rabbit; but they decided she should be human but "more adult."
Trivia / Bravely Default