- Actor Allusion: The hot springs attendant isn't the only character named Sakura, wearing a pink kimono that Wendee Lee voice done the voice-over for.
- I Knew It!:
- Fans had predicted that Anne is actually Airy's sister as part of The Stinger for Bravely Default. The first and last battle with her reveals that she is indeed Airy's sister. Though the fact that Anne is The Dragon to Providence brought a shocking swerve to even those who predicted this.
- Some also correctly predicted that the title screen would change into Send Player based on what the first game did.
- Not as many predicted what it meant though... You can win the opening boss fight if you have a party from Chapter 4...
- When the Fencer and Bishop asterisks were revealed, many people believed that Janne Angard and Nikolai Nikolanikov would be their holders, making them villains and forcing you to fight them. They were right.
- Old Shame: According to Tomoya Asano, this game has become this for the team. There are no exact reasons why, but according to Tomoya, they felt the game didn't live up to the expectations set by the first game and ultimately it was the reason going forward they put the series on hiatus until they felt they could do new things with it.
- The Other Darrin:
- Braev Lee has a new voice actor in the English dub for this game. Braev's voice actor changed from his unknown voice actor from Default to John Eric Bentley.
- Nobutsuna Kamiizumi's voice changed in the demo from Liam O'Brien to Michael McConnohie. However, O'Brien returned for the full game.
- A meta example. Both of Anne's Japanese and English voice actors are not the same to hide the fact she was Airy's sister.
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- In the English version, Agnes and Magnolia meeting is also a reunion between Chie and Yukiko, and if you count the anime adaptation you have Aika in the game as well. For more Persona 4 goodness in the Japanese version, this also applies to Agnes and Yew, aka Yukiko and Yu, while Angelo, one of the Asterisk holders, is Yosuke.
- On the subject of reunions, Ringabel and Magnolia meeting marks one between Shinji and Rei.
- Edea's the first permanent party member to join Yew in the game; Cassandra Lee Morris and Michael Sinterniklaas previously portrayed Patema and Age.
- It also marks the second time the two have played party members together in a Nintendo-exclusive JRPG, less than a year after the first one.
- Yew's and the Kaiser's actors share a special relation, namely for playing the same character: Leonardo of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fame. Yew's actor was his voice for the 2003 version and the Kaiser's in the 1987 version. Which causes the revelation that that the Kaiser is Yew's brother to take on a whole new meaning meta-wise.
- Talking to Himself: Michael Sinterniklaas voices both Yew and the Jackal. Both of them do talk to each other.
- What Could Have Been: Angelo was initially depicted as a young kid in the early drafts before going full Bishōnen.
Trivia / Bravely Second