The programme also focuses on the wife of the the CEO of Kernell, who through her efforts to fund shelters for trafficked woman stumbles across the cover-up.
This show provides examples of:
- Elena is told her son will be killed if she misbehaves.
- Callum Tate attempts to blackmail to the Kernell executives with the tape.
- Completely Unnecessary Translator: Referring to the scene where Elena is asked to translate, but told to be quiet every time she attempts to do so.
- Disproportionate Retribution: A girl is shot because she has a sore on her lip. These are some pretty messed-up psychos.
- Men Don't Cry: Averted. However, Elena does seem to somewhat hold this opinion, judging by her reaction.
- Nice Guy: Make it through the entire program without wanting to marry, or at least hug, Daniel.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: With steel toed boots, no less.
- Not What It Looks Like: Both Daniel and Callum get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- Ripped from the Headlines: Unfortunately, sex-trafficking is a very real problem that exists throughout the world.
- Tactful Translation: Doesn't work very well on Daniel, as he usually knows both languages in question.
- That Came Out Wrong: "You should maybe take that off. Well, not... off... now. Uh, I didn't mean-I didn't mean it like that... um, ah, sor-forget it." Oh, Daniel.