Paquita Salas (2016-) is a Spanish comedy series created by Javier Calvo and Javier Ambrossi. After its first season was an unexpected hit on Atresmedia-operated web platform Flooxer, the series was acquired by Netflix, which ordered a second season for 2018, and a third is slated for 2019.
The series focuses mainly on the title character, a down-on-her-luck talent manager struggling to keep her agency afloat after one of her clients, up-and-coming actress Macarena García, dumps her in favor of Paquita's pupil-turned-arch-enemy Fernando Canelón.
This page is under construction. Feel free to contribute if you've watched this show.
Tropes seen in this series:
- Adam Westing: Many actors and actresses have appeared playing fictionalized versions of themselves on the show, such as Macarena García, Lidia San José or Mariona Terés, all of whom are or have been clients of Paquita's agency.
- Berserk Button: Clients who reject roles really annoy Paquita. Especially if those roles are in daily soap operas such as Acacias 38 or El secreto de Puente Viejo.
- Hopeless with Tech: Paquita can't get to work around the Internet to save her life. It's hinted that this is what caused Macarena García to dump her as her manager after her invite to a very important film festival got lost in Paquita's spam folder.
- I Have This Friend...: Noemí is being filmed on a hidden camera by a reporter and questioned about a scam 'wonder cream' called Divacel. She at first tries to dodge the conversation by claiming a friend of hers does sell the product, but she eventually confesses, "Well, okay, I'll tell you. Look, the friend is me."
- Nepotism: Defied by Paquita. She won't scout some potential talent just because it's the sister or cousin of someone she knows/works with. "Meritocracy!"
- Precision F-Strike:Paquita: You, Mariona Terés, you owe me the money of three films, and you're going to pay it!
Mariona: Paquita, you're crazy.
Paquita: [calming down just a little] I'm not crazy; I've had it up to fucking here.
- A Pupil of Mine, Until He Turned to Evil: Paquita used to be Fernando Canelón's mentor, until he left her side, started his own management agency, which has managed to sign several former clients of Paquita's, and is now her Sitcom Arch-Nemesis.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Paquita's love of torreznos is well documented. In a poster for the series, she's depicted holding one in her hand before eating it.