Skyvein is a Fantasy Webcomic by sen holiday following the perilous adventures of our heroes (reluctant and otherwise) in a world where magick is regulated and everyone lives on islands in a sea of toxic clouds.
Provides examples of:
- Affectionate Nickname: These are all over the place, really — Emi calls her brother Firefly, and he in turn calls her Meteorite.
- Big Brother Is Watching: As VISN, in these streets!
- Big Damn Heroes: A lot of the time, particularly here and here.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: The peculiar and mysterious Puff falls under this category.
- Come with Me If You Want to Live: Emi and Feng's appeal to Taisce when breaking them out of jail.
- Cool Airship: Bastion and Red's vessel, as well as all the other ships that ferry goods between the islands.
- Eco-Terrorist: During the news coverage of the burning Cliff jail, the news anchor cites a couple of eco-terrorists responsible for the previous release of a skysquid.
- Fantastic Racism: More fey than humans live in the Cliffs, and the robocops are much quicker to arrest and harass them than humans.
- Fun with Acronyms: These mostly come into play in the background of the comic on flyers posted throughout the Cliffs; one such example is VISN (the Visual Information and Surveillance Network).
- Holographic Terminal: Most of the tech in the Upper City uses holoscreens.
- Mega-Corp: In Skyvein, there's really only one — The Core, which is the fused corporation/government entity that controls everything.
- Sibling Team: Emi and Feng Fa, obvi.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Or in this case, a fiery red as exhibited by Emi and Feng. Or Taisce's white, or many of the background characters' various colors.