Skyvein is a Fantasy Webcomic by sen holiday following the perilous adventures of our heroes (reluctant and otherwise) in a world where magick is regulated and everyone lives on islands in a sea of toxic clouds.
Provides examples of:
- Affectionate Nickname: These are all over the place, really — Emi calls her brother Firefly, and he in turn calls her Meteorite.
- Eco-Terrorist: During the news coverage of the burning Cliff jail, the news anchor cites a couple of eco-terrorists responsible for the previous release of a skysquid.
- Fantastic Racism: More fey than humans live in the Cliffs, and the robocops are much quicker to arrest and harass them than humans.
- Fun with Acronyms: These mostly come into play in the background of the comic on flyers posted throughout the Cliffs; one such example is VISN (the Visual Information and Surveillance Network).
- Holographic Terminal: Most of the tech in the Upper City uses holoscreens.
- Mega-Corp: In Skyvein, there's really only one — The Core, which is the fused corporation/government entity that controls everything.