The show is hosted by Flik, hoping to teach the audience how insects survive in the wild. Throughout the show he introduces different insects, who demonstrate their skills for the audience. The show is eventually interrupted by Hopper, and things take a turn for the terrifying.
The attraction provides examples of:
- Absentee Actor: Flik and Hopper are the only characters from A Bug's Life to show up - no Atta, no Dot, no circus bugs, nobody else. This is because the attraction was developed at the same time as A Bug's Life and the only character designs that had been approved at the time were Flik and Hopper (in fact, the Animal Kingdom version opened BEFORE A Bug's Life was released).
- All-CGI Cartoon
- Big Damn Heroes: When Hopper is causing mass pandemonium in the theater, the day is saved by a chameleon.
- Calling a Rabbit a "Smeerp": The 3D glasses are called "Bug Eyes".
- Early-Bird Cameo: The entire attraction served as this for A Bug's Life, as it opened months before the movie came out.
- The attraction's name is a reference to It's Tough to Be a Bird.
- The queue features posters for shows like A Cockroach Line, Beauty and the Bees, The Grass Menagerie, My Fair Ladybug, Little Shop of Hoppers, Antie, and Barefoot in the Bark.
- The name of the weevil is Weevil Kneevil, a reference to Eevel Knievel.
- This Means War!: Hopper declares war on humans for how they've treated bugs in the past.