Works referencing Girl Genius.
open/close all folders
- One of the first lines Outer!Krieg gives us in the Borderlands 2 fanfic Kriegs Log (a spin-off of Gaiges Echo Logs) is Tarvek's famous "I AM THE PRETTIEST FROG IN THIS ENTIRE POND!!" rant, which manages to make even less sense than in the original context.
- In JohnAmendAll's "Holiday Jobs" series of fics about Doctor Who's own obsessive girl genius, Zoë Heriot, she sometimes gets called a "madgirl", and enters a fugue state not unlike The Madness Place when programming. According to the author, "Zoë's definitely a Spark. When she blows up the computer in 'The Invasion', you can almost see where her speech bubbles gain wavy edges and go into MadFont."
- In A.A. Pessimal's Ankh-Morpork, the youngest daughter of Wizard Ponder Stibbons, a girl who is a walking catch-net for inspiration particles and who has clever fingers and a talent for original thought, is explicitly dedscribed as a "girl genius" when seen doing things with clockwork mechanical devices. She is helped by a team of Imps rescued from the Thaumatalogical Park (as otherwise they had failed Quality Control for the purposes to which Discworld wizards breed Imps). A Girl Genius and her little helpers are poised to unleash inventive mayhem on the city in the fic Strandpiel. Ruth completely inverts the idea of Redheads Are Uncool; she feels left out that she is the one of three sisters who does not have their mother's vivid red hair and really wants to be red. Via a Godsmother who works in the theatre, she acquires a long red wig. The normally bespectacled and dark-haired Ruth develops a certain Agatha-ness when wearing her red hair. Ruth discovers that somehow her thoughts re mechanisms, and what they can do, become even sharper when she is red-headed.
- One of the Stargate project's scientists in The Dragon King's Temple is an Expy of Agatha Heterodyne. She (thankfully) keeps fireworks in her lab at all times, even in defiance of safety regulations.
- 'Heterodyne Station' appears in Dark Heresy. It is an orbiting forge and shrine of the Adeptus Mechanicus in the Calixis Sector.
- For context, Hetrodyne Station is orbiting a planet called 'Uziel'... Which is an Experiment by the Adeptus Mechanicus to see how a Medieval-tech world reacts with technology introduced to it... So your local farmer rides his v8 300 horsepower horse-and-cart to bring potatoes to market. Basically, it's as close to Sparky as 40k can get.
- Genius: The Transgression cites Girl Genius as one of its inspirations, and in fact has mechanics that allow you to replicate Sparky inventions.
- One of Janna's skins in League of Legends makes her look like Agatha.
- This strip of The Whiteboard has Humongulous as one of those getting ammo for a paintball game.
- A Questionable Content guest strip about a steampunk paranormal romance novel features a one panel appearance by a Mad Scientist called "Dr Heteronormative".
- In And Shine Heaven Now, Agatha is seen attending Eurekon, the annual mad scientist convention.