Expecting to face two Academia students in a tag duel, Crow and Sawatari instead watch them get carded by the mysterious "Battle Beast." Watching, Sanders is amazed that all five of his elite students have fallen to it, and the watching students whisper about the unknown enemy in the arena. As Crow and Sawatari flee, Crow realizes Sawatari stands no chance and turns on him, attacking him and damaging his duel disk to put him out of the match. As the Battle Beast attacks, Crow activates his Trap "Blackwing - Last Will" in an attempt to deal a Double KO. The Battle Beast survives with 100 Life Point, but the explosive attack draws him out of hiding, revealing him to the Lancers and Sanders' students. Yuya and Gongenzaka arrive as Crow is carded, and the Battle Beast turns to them. The duel begins.
BB summons "Gladiator Beast Laquari" and sets three cards to end his turn. Yuya activates "Entermate Shieldrummer" and "Entermate Odd-Eyes Unicorn" in his Pendulum Zones, and Pendulum Summons "Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon." Odd-Eyes attacks Laquari, but BB activates the Continuous Trap "Medallion of Gladiator Beast." As long as it remains in play, any battle damage BB takes is doubled, but his Gladiator Beasts cannot be destroyed in battle. BB falls to 2600 Life Points. As Laquari battled its effect activates at the end of the Battle Phase; BB returns it to his deck and summons "Gladiator Beast Secutor" in its place.
Gongezaka takes his turn. He activates "Superheavy Samurai General Coral" and "Superheavy Samurai General Jade" in his Pendulum Zones and performs a Pendulum-Synchro Summon to summon "Superheavy Samurai Ninja Shinobiashi." Shinobiashi activates its effect, halving its 2800 DEF so it can attack directly, and when attacking it uses its DEF for damage calculation. BB activates the Continuous Trap "Virtus of Gladiator Beast," preventing enemy monsters from attacking unless attacking a Gladiator Beast. Shinobiashi's attack is redirect to Secutor, who is not destroyed. As it battled a monster Secutor's effect activates, summoning "Gladiator Beast Augustus" and "Gladiator Beast Murmillo" from the deck. Augustus' effect also summons another Murmillo from BB's hand. The effects of the two Murmillo activate when summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast monster, and BB destroys Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Shinobiashi. He activates his third set card, the Continuous Trap "Pollice Verso," which deals 500 damage each time an opponent's card is destroyed. As it was destroyed by a card effect, Gongenzaka activates Shinobiashi's effect to summon it back from the Graveyard at the end of his turn. The Murmillo summoned by Augustus also returns to the deck.
BB draws and performs a Contact Fusion, returning his three monsters to the deck to summon "Gladiator Beast Andabatae." The effect of the summoned Andabatae activates, summoning "Gladiator Beast Gyzarus" from the Extra Deck as well. The effect of Gyzarus activates when summoned, and destroys Shinobiashi and Entermate Shieldrummer. Yuya calls for BB to attack him and runs to find an Action card, but BB stops him. Gyzarus attacks Yuya directly, bringing him to 600 Life Points. As Gyzarus battles, the effect of Andabatae returns it to the Extra Deck. This activates Andabatae's effect to increase its ATK by the ATK of Gyzarus when it left the field. Andabatae attacks Yuya, but Gongenzaka finds and activates the Action Card "Benkei Guard." He summons a Benkei Token that cannot be destroyed in battle and redirects all attacks to it. The attack is deflected and Gongenzaka falls to 600 Life Points as well.
Because Andabatae battled, at the end of the Battle Phase it returns to the Extra Deck and summons two new Gladiator Beasts from the deck. BB summons "Gladiator Beast Bestiari" and Gladiator Beast Murmillo. Murmillo's effect activates to destroy the Benkei Token, but Benkei is immune to effect destruction as well. Bestiari's effect destroys Yuya's Odd-Eyes Unicorn, taking him to 100 Life Points. Finally, BB returns Murmillo and Bestiari to the deck to Contact Fusion Summon back Gyzarus. Its effect destroys Gongenzaka's Pendulum Monsters Coral and Jade, wiping out his Life Points.
BB moves to card Gongenzaka and reaches to his duel disk. Suddenly, a motorcycle roars out into the playing field, and the group including BB pause and look up in shock — Jack Atlas has arrived.
This episode contains the following tropes:
- And I Must Scream: Crow is the second Lancer to be written off.
- Antagonist Title: "The Battle Beast".
- Big Damn Heroes: When the Battle Beast was going to card Gongenzaka, Jack comes in.
- The Bus Came Back: Want to know where the "sound of a familiar engine" is coming from? It belongs to JACK ATLAS!
- Diving Save: Sawatari do this to protect Crow's carded form from being stomped by BB.
- Flash Step: BB moves so fast he seems to teleport in front of Yuya as he looks for an Action Card.
- Godzilla Threshold: You know shit's hit the fan when Gongenzaka of all people goes for an Action Card.
- Go Out with a Smile: Entrusting the rest to Yuya, Crow's last thoughts before being carded are of the kids back in the Synchro Dimension.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Knowing full well that he and Sawatari don't stand a chance against the Battle Beast, Crow uses his monster to destroy Sawatari's Duel Disk, saving him but ultimately losing the duel.
- Honor Before Reason: Gongenzaka resorts to using an Action Card to save Yuya, even though having a Spell card in his Graveyard cripples his deck and he would have stayed in the duel much longer if he hadn't interfered.
- Mythology Gag: The Battle Beast seems to be based on Taira Taizan.
- Plot Armor: Once again, Sawatari is saved from being carded by Crow's Blackwing Synchro Monster, who broke the screen on his Duel Disk.
- Say My Name: Yuya screams both Gongenzaka's and Crow's names just as they're about to be carded.
- Serial Killer: While Academia has a bad reputation of having Player Killers in their ranks, the Battle Beast is even worse than them, physically attacking duelists and carding friend and foe alike.
- Taking the Bullet: Gongenzaka saves Yuya from BB by forcing the latter to attack him instead.
- Taking You with Me: Crow attempts this by using "Black Feather - Last Will". Unfortunately, BB manages to survive with only 100 LP.
- Wham Episode: As of now not even the Fanservice is safe.
- Wild Card: As Yuya and Gongenzaka put it:Yuya: Its not just Tsukikage. Hes been turning one Academia student after another into cards as well.Gongenzaka: Just what's with this guy? Hes not with us, or the Academia students. Hes like a third party...