Homer discovers a new app that makes his life easier, and Grampa learns he's going to be a father again.
- Adult Fear: During the Simpson Family's traditional run towards home, all members suffer accidents at work and only Bart arrives. At first, he's wondering what happened to his family but he's finally glad to have the remote control all for himself.
- Art Shift: Grampa's flashback to his time with his father is done in the style of Popeye. Adding to this, his dad even speaks with Popeye's voice, referring to his son as "Swee'-pea".
- Beyond the Impossible:
- Jasper's child is still a fetus but already has a beard.
- In the flashback, Grampa's father is somehow able to throw him into the sun. Then again, this could be an inaccuracy on Grampa's behalf.
- Comically Missing the Point: Even after the app asked for Homer's credit card number, he's surprised they'd charge him.
- The Dog Bites Back: Tired of being landed on by Bart and his skateboard during the intro, Barney breaks the skateboard.
- Generation Xerox: Grandpa learns he's not the father of his girlfriend's child because the x-rays show the baby has a beard similar to Jasper's.