Homer becomes a helicopter parent to help Bart's failing grades and Lisa's lack of friends. Meanwhile, Marge makes herself at home in the basement sauna she uncovered.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: When Homer works at the school's cafeteria, he promises Bart he won't embarrass him. The exact opposite happens and now the school knows Bart was afraid to sleep alone that he went with his parents to sleep, besides Homer taking off his clothes little by little.
- Comically Missing the Point: When Dr. Hibbert told Marge that Homer's burnt tongue would negatively affect their sex life, she thought he was talking about it being difficult for Homer to express any desire to have sex.
- Disqualification-Induced Victory: Bart's entry at the scale model contest is declared the winner because the judges consider it the only one that's not too good to be something built by a kid without help from adults.
- Imagine Spot: Marge has one about what would happen if Homer knew about the basement sauna.
- Kids Are Cruel: Once again, the girls in school prove to be demons to Lisa.
- Super Senses: Homer's sense of taste after his accident is magnified to such a degree that any food with even the slightest amount of flavour is inedible and potentially hazardous.
- Work Off the Debt: Unable to eat anything that has any flavour, Homer decides to eat at Springfield Elementary School. Since he doesn't have the money to pay for his meal, he gets a job at the school's cafeteria to pay for it.